How to buy a used CX5 ?? (tips please)

looks like he is adding in tax. the tax difference should be less than $500 any unless their tax rate is crazy high. based on my quick math he isn't trading any vehicle in since a $23.5k sale price + my local tax rate works out to $481/mo at 4.9% with zero down. The OP is probably right that getting a new one is probably worthwhile since the total cost will only be ~$2300 more after all payments are made.

Yup, tax is already included in my math. Its roughly 30,000, give or take a few. They called me yesterday to offer me 3.9%, I took the time to explain my calculation and the manager just told me "look, it makes sense, I can't lower the price or the apr, it makes sense to get a new one" ..

I wish i had 23k lying around so I could pay cash. That'd be a great deal.

Yup, tax is already included in my math. Its roughly 30,000, give or take a few. They called me yesterday to offer me 3.9%, I took the time to explain my calculation and the manager just told me "look, it makes sense, I can't lower the price or the apr, it makes sense to get a new one" ..

I wish i had 23k lying around so I could pay cash. That'd be a great deal.

Wish you were closer than Florida - if the drive weren't so far I would fly, buy, and drive to get a GT for $23K.

Chris

Ohh sooo closeeeeeeee.......here's what happened. So I went to the dealer, saw the car. It had no issues. Sat down to negotiate, they were not willing to drop anything less than $23,500. With my current car I pay 0% financing, so I was expecting either 0 or anything around 0.9%. They said since it's a used car (not new) they can't drop the financing, so they will charge me AT LEAST (with excellent credit) 4.9%. So it breaks down like this:

USED: $26,500 OTD + financing = $480 for 60 months = $28,800
NEW: $28,683 + tax + title + 0% financing = $30,000
You're going to pay full pop for the new one?!

Back