Dealer extended warranty. Worth it?

I think this thread veered a little off the road, it was centered on Powertrain Warranty because of the cylinder heads and now it's veered into new car warranties.

I think this thread veered a little off the road, it was centered on Powertrain Warranty because of the cylinder heads and now it's veered into new car warranties.
As mentioned above, there are three levels of VSA you can buy if your car is used but under 3 years / 36k miles. One is for just the powertrain. That's a new car powertrain extended warranty, even if you're buying it used as the second owner. So it's all squarely on point.

As mentioned above, there are three levels of VSA you can buy if your car is used but under 3 years / 36k miles. One is for just the powertrain. That's a new car powertrain extended warranty, even if you're buying it used as the second owner. So it's all squarely on point.
You can also get a bumper-2-bumper warranty that covers everything the factory warranty does for 5yrs/60k miles past wherever you are when you purchase the warranty. So if you're at 50k and 5 years in you will now have another 5 years and 60k miles more.
This is through Mazda Finance.

I didnt buy it and wouldnt. If anything is wrong with it, you should know within 3 years. That said, if you dont drive much maybe you'll feel better with 10 years. Read the warranty, its full of BS and legal ease.

I didnt buy it and wouldnt. If anything is wrong with it, you should know within 3 years. That said, if you dont drive much maybe you'll feel better with 10 years. Read the warranty, its full of BS and legal ease.
Said the person who's cylinder head cracked at 63 months in.

Back