How To: 2.0 Header Installation

donut

bonesmp5 said:
looks good and hardly adds any noise -- nice and mellow -- as far as performance -- at the moment i dont notice any -- maybe the ecu needs to learn the add-on -- not sure -- but for the price i cant complaine -- it looks nice :)

mee too
not like when I did the CAI, the diff was obvious right away on the butt dyno
better sound
i HATE that f'in donut. had to roast it and chisel it off!

ahb11m said:
hehehe, second o2.....

muwahaha MIL

Yeah I think I'll get the O2 sensor off my old exhaust manifold and do a MIL eliminator :D. Can I just let the O2 sensor dangle or does it have a heater on it or something that I should be aware of?

sory for a newbie question again.. but ive heard the obx comes with a 2nd bung hole (lol) vs. the ractive that didn't. and i ordered the obx from protegegarage
soo do i still need to do the cel/mil or what ever fix mod?

thanks

awsmp5 said:
sory for a newbie question again.. but ive heard the obx comes with a 2nd bung hole (lol) vs. the ractive that didn't. and i ordered the obx from protegegarage
soo do i still need to do the cel/mil or what ever fix mod?

thanks
yes

I got the CEL after 30 miles... I have the non fouler in my hand now(to be installed).
I installed the AWR header yesterday and I must say the gain is good.
Mazda should've released the car with one of these.

Prodigy said:
I got the CEL after 30 miles... I have the non fouler in my hand now(to be installed).
I installed the AWR header yesterday and I must say the gain is good.
Mazda should've released the car with one of these.

Where'd you get it at? I haven't been able to find any when searching on the 'net. Car parts store?

khaosman said:
Where'd you get it at? I haven't been able to find any when searching on the 'net. Car parts store?
I got mine used from MP3Architect of the forums. It used to be on Equinox's p5 too.
You can purchase the header directly from AWR for $529
http://www.awrracing.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=18

You'd be better off going with the OBX new from Ken(Captain KRM P5) for $240 unless you found one used, or you have money to blow or you really really want the minimal gain over the OBX header.

Prodigy said:
I got mine used from MP3Architect of the forums. It used to be on Equinox's p5 too.
You can purchase the header directly from AWR for $529
http://www.awrracing.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=18

You'd be better off going with the OBX new from Ken(Captain KRM P5) for $240 unless you found one used, or you have money to blow or you really really want the minimal gain over the OBX header.

I assumed he was talking about the nonfouler. Oh and sorry I don't know where you can actually find one, I have the Ractive so I need to find a place that will weld the bung before I can start worrying about the nonfouler.

ahhh... my bad.
I got the non-foulers at Autozone for $3
I'll mail you a pack at cost if you can't find them.

I just installed an OBX header and now my car sounds like crap (exhaust is really loud), it doesn't seem to run any better, and it seems to be using more gas. Does anybody have any suggestions...

dcb6689 said:
I just installed an OBX header and now my car sounds like crap (exhaust is really loud), it doesn't seem to run any better, and it seems to be using more gas. Does anybody have any suggestions...
Well, of course it's going to be louder, you're removing the precat (hand)

What exhaust do you have? I felt a nice bump in power, and didn't really notice a big change in MPG (the way I drive I never get very good MPG anyway)

BTW, where is it loud? Is it loud from the engine bay, under the car, or just from the tailpipe?

dcb6689 said:

you uh connected it to the exhaust, right?

Seriously though, you gotta have a leak somewhere. Check the connections/bungs to make sure they're all good.

That was the problem... I was in hurry to install it and the pipes weren't fit together right. It's running good now.

Back