How many miles on your CX-5 turbo?

Depends on the type of driving and how aggressively you drive. Highway driving at 70mph or so will yield the best results. City driving? Not so much.
Highway at 70 mph should yield 30 - 32 mpg depending on terrain and weather.

I just hit 1000 miles today on the way into work. I've ran one tank of 93 and drove a lil aggressive at times. Thinking about calling to schedule the first oil change. I'm not going to make it to the recommended service mileage. I want to get that old oil out :) I'm avg. 25 mpg on the 1000 miles so far. Little disappointing overall with that and I hope it creeps up as miles go up.
Is this a new CX 5? Why are you changing the oil so soon? Engines are made much better now with tighter tolerances. I would just follow what Mazda says to do in the Owners Manual. That way you are covered if something goes wrong. Just my 2 cents.

No way did we ever get close to that on our '19. The best we ever got was when my wife drove at 65mph on a trip. We managed 25mpg calculated. I think the computer was slightly higher, but nowhere near 30.

No way did we ever get close to that on our '19. The best we ever got was when my wife drove at 65mph on a trip. We managed 25mpg calculated. I think the computer was slightly higher, but nowhere near 30.
I get that twice a year driving to the Outer Banks with 2 adults, 1 dog and a fully loaded car.

I have never gotten even close to 30MPG in our 21 GTR over 20k miles. Best is around 27 on highway runs. Only 2 people and a few bags. Not heavily loaded at all. Per my dash gauge, I am at 23.6MPG for the last 5k miles or so.

If something goes wrong it will should be covered anyway. Ive never not had anything new and wait till the recommended time. I personally want to get all the shavings, etc out. Before this my newest car is a 2019 Z06. Oil change at 500 miles. Personal preference maybe but some manufacturer recommend it.

If something goes wrong it will should be covered anyway. Ive never not had anything new and wait till the recommended time. I personally want to get all the shavings, etc out. Before this my newest car is a 2019 Z06. Oil change at 500 miles. Personal preference maybe but some manufacturer recommend it.
There will not be any "Shavings". 😀 If there are any when you do that first change that were not caught by the filter...you have bigger fish to fry. LOL

Best mpg is at 55mph on highway.
In which case no need for the turbo. If you’re focused on gas mileage the 2.5 na engine will be a better choice. The turbo model is a great balance between performance and reasonable gas mileage… averaging ~ 25 mpg on our `22 Signature vs. 27 on the previous `20 GT. Puttering around town the 2.5 is adequate, but on the highway it lacks the power to pass safely and after a couple of close calls it was obvious the turbo was needed for our requirements, plus there’s no comparison on the fun to drive spectrum.

In which case no need for the turbo. If you’re focused on gas mileage the 2.5 na engine will be a better choice. The turbo model is a great balance between performance and reasonable gas mileage… averaging ~ 25 mpg on our `22 Signature vs. 27 on the previous `20 GT. Puttering around town the 2.5 is adequate, but on the highway it lacks the power to pass safely and after a couple of close calls it was obvious the turbo was needed for our requirements, plus there’s no comparison on the fun to drive spectrum.
I have both, 16 NA and 19 T and each have roughly 42,000 on odo and both get basically the same mpg.

I have both, 16 NA and 19 T and each have roughly 42,000 on odo and both get basically the same mpg.
But, yours is clearly not typical on your 2019. The overly generous EPA states 27 HWY and you're claiming 32. Like I said, we were lucky to ever see 25.

Maybe the better question is did anyone see any increases from when new - 10 miles to say 5000 miles....did mpg increase over time?

Maybe the better question is did anyone see any increases from when new - 10 miles to say 5000 miles....did mpg increase over time?
I’m keeping my receipts and tracking mileage per tank to find out. I’m getting 25 or 26 mpg per tank, 1500 miles on my ‘23 and have been using top tier Marathon premium 93 octane. Now that we’re heading into the cold season I won’t be surprised if my mileage drops with winter blends of gasoline.

I’m keeping my receipts and tracking mileage per tank to find out. I’m getting 25 or 26 mpg per tank, 1500 miles on my ‘23 and have been using top tier Marathon premium 93 octane. Now that we’re heading into the cold season I won’t be surprised if my mileage drops with winter blends of gasoline.
It will, I noticed about 1 mpg drop.

No difference in mine. As I said, over the past 5k miles(mine is currently at 20k) I am at 23.6MPG average per the dash. It has been about this the whole time I have owned it.

Best mpg is at 55mph on highway.
Well sure, we could go to the minimum highway allowed MPH (40MPH in Georgia) and I suspect it would do even better than 55. I suspect most who own turbo models aren't running an average of 55mph on the freeway....

Well sure, we could go to the minimum highway allowed MPH (40MPH in Georgia) and I suspect it would do even better than 55. I suspect most who own turbo models aren't running an average of 55mph on the freeway....
Especially around here. If you drove 55 you'd either be rammed, run off the road or shot.

Back