How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Spent a while at the Mazda dealership this morning, plugged the car into the computer and apparently the Boost Sensor (whatever that is) needs replaced. They said it would take a few days to get, but that they have a showroom model they will take it from to get me motoring again..... They lent me a car for the day and I am to pick mine up again tomorrow morning.

I believe the boost sensor is for the turbo, the first generation xtrail had to have one replaced under a recall. They were causing over boost.

Funnily enough the T30 was also prone to seized rear callipers. I always park up in the garage with the handbrake off when the car is wet, to prevent the pads sticking on the disc.

Last edited:
Picked up my CX5 last May .... Just found this forum recently. Some great stuff on here. Oh ... And first post.

Last edited:
Thanks Perusal, that's a very economical car the BM.

Just to add that since swapping the CX5 for a BMW i3Rex in 650 miles I have used just 12 litres of petrol ! so that's a real world 246 mpg thus far :) The electric pocket rocket is amazing away from the lights even a BMW M3 cannot keep up.

I don't think it would be much of a tow car though !

Happy motoring PP

Picked up our cx5 2.0 sel yesterday and I love it. Does anyone know the part no of the sat sd card?

If it's anything like the original pre-facelift model it may not be as easy as that. When I bought mine the dealer had a non SatNav version in stock in a colour I wanted but apparently the wiring or whatever wasn't present and I had to find another specifically with the SatNav. I guess otherwise there would be a pirate market in SD cards with the maps and software on....

Just to add that since swapping the CX5 for a BMW i3Rex in 650 miles I have used just 12 litres of petrol ! so that's a real world 246 mpg thus far :) The electric pocket rocket is amazing away from the lights even a BMW M3 cannot keep up.

Happy motoring PP

Yes, but I bet the M3 can keep going for longer....much longer. ��
Must admit I haven't seen one on the road yet but it does seem to be one of the few cars of its type that is reasonably practical and usable.

)
Yes, but I bet the M3 can keep going for longer....much longer. ��
Must admit I haven't seen one on the road yet but it does seem to be one of the few cars of its type that is reasonably practical and usable.

It is indeed a practical long distance vehicle capable of some amazing mpg/acceleration depending on the mood of the driver. M3 is a quick car of course, but when driven erm "enthusiastically" probably has quite a low range if it has the same amount of fuel in it! @9 litre tank on the i3 ��

Last edited:
1.What is anybody paying for a 2 year/24,000 mile service?
2. Has anybody else received the e-mail from Mazda about a recall for an unusual brake pedal feeling which, if a fault is discovered, would entail a new vacuum pump being fitted and an oil change and modified filter?

I thought the 2nd service was a major one involving brake fluid change for one which on its own is around 50.
I've seen a figure od around 220 I believe, and I paid around 180 for my first service, so expect the second to top 200.

As yet not had my recall letter, but I have had a couple of occasions where the brake pedal didn't feel quite right....

1.What is anybody paying for a 2 year/24,000 mile service?
2. Has anybody else received the e-mail from Mazda about a recall for an unusual brake pedal feeling which, if a fault is discovered, would entail a new vacuum pump being fitted and an oil change and modified filter?

231.14 all in.

pollen filter and brake fluid change are the main extra items over the 1 year service.

Has anyone purchased a Mazda touch up paint for their car? It seems to vary widely in price, from a couple of pounds up to mid 20's. I have a stone chip which is annoying me and I want to get rid of it.

I always get one thrown in with the deal, I hate paying a lot for a little if you know what I mean, and prefer to touch up as soon as I notice a chip, so its always in the car.

Touch-up Paint

Has anyone purchased a Mazda touch up paint for their car? It seems to vary widely in price, from a couple of pounds up to mid 20's. I have a stone chip which is annoying me and I want to get rid of it.
I bought one a few months ago from a Mazda dealer. It was in 2 parts- a colour coat and a seal coat, each in a small container with a brush. I was pleasantly surprised when it cost, on memory, about 4 for both.

Just found mine (crystal white too) will be arriving w/c 23/3 and I will get the 299 service plan too. I love my cx5 now and really looking forward to the next one !

Well it actually arrived early and I collected it from johnsons Mazda Oxford on 21st March.
Appearance - even tho it's the same car and colour as my last one it was noticed within minutes at work - the alloys give it away first. It has a really nice feel to drive. Electronic handbrake was easy to get used to. Rear camera visual is hugely improved in clarity - didn't expect that!. Sat nav is def. improved with the new system and larger screen although it has rebooted twice for no apparent reason during driving and I notice that TA gets cut off prematurely when the sat nav direction cuts in. I was flashed by a traffic camera on m25 on way to gatwick - this while on cruise at 70 and pretty sure I wasn't in a variable speed zone and I'm a bit unnerved by this one. Safety pack .. Definitely improved. Can't tell about the brake support front or rear as I don't really want to test that one ! Lane assist and blind spot monitoring do seem to be improved but that might be because I expected it to be. The new driver alert system does seem to work - it complains about certain driving styles , and if you waver on the road the steering tightens up - dealer explained this and I had to test it safely - difficult to describe but it's doing something. Could be imagination but the seats seem improved and more comfortable . Minor thing but the dash and interior has a really nice appearance. Getting 43mpg at the moment and that is 1300 miles in. Skipped the G3 glasscoat this time, been reading about detailing and tempted by that if I can find a reputable place near Brackley. Got the 299 service plan so happy with that. Really nice car - still love the CX5 !

Back