How do you re-polish chrome?

AKYellow

:
06 Nissan Pathfinder
Does anyone know how to get scrathes out of Chrome? or or polished metal? I have a MSP Exhaust and want to clean it up, but i do not know how.
I was thinkin I could just buff them out but I do not know what to use as for pads or polish...........

Chrome is one of the hardest (Rockwell) things on your car. If you have deep scratches just call it done. If the nicks are not that deep you can only hope to make them shine like the rest of the chrome and dont try to rub them out. The chrome plating is not that thick and it is easy to go too far. The best thing you can do is go get a quality chrome polish and either with a machine or your hand polish what you have to a nice shine.

And I dont make money from any sponsors so you can just choose that brand you want there all vary similar.

Thanks guys for your input.....I will order some of this to see if it works. I would just like to get rid of the scrathes on my mspd muffler. I am not sure if this will work but ....eh i will give it a try.

Mother's Powerball + Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish. Works wonders, and I think it is a highly effective combo. I brought a BADLY oxidized and scratched diamond plate truck box back with those two things.

Play toy huh? I've polished stainless tips with great success with that "play toy".

Back