How do I make my turbo louder???

USMS3

:
MazdaSpeed3
I lvoe the fact that My MS3 is turbo'd and want everybody to know it without having to put stupid stickers all over the car, so what I want to know is, what mods would make the turbo whistle a little bit louder, a little more obviously, so that if I were on ine with somebody else about to take off and I were to rev my engine, they would hear it??

Thanks (headbang)

A cai or sri will make it louder and remove your muffler and 1 or both of the resonators.You could also mount a bullhorn next to the turbo and turn the volume all the way up.

That wont make the turbo louder? It will spool the same and have no affect unless it is vented to the atmosphere...

Even a Cone filter on the stock mas will bring the turbo to life... The stock air box and intake has silencers built into it to keep the noise down...

If u want to get more expensive a cold air intake or short ram will make a big difference..

On top of that an exhaust will bring the turbo to life.. The easiest hp to gain on a turbo car is "free" mods... Letting the motor breathe..

Hope That Helps

That wont make the turbo louder? It will spool the same and have no affect unless it is vented to the atmosphere...

Even a Cone filter on the stock mas will bring the turbo to life... The stock air box and intake has silencers built into it to keep the noise down...

If u want to get more expensive a cold air intake or short ram will make a big difference..

On top of that an exhaust will bring the turbo to life.. The easiest hp to gain on a turbo car is "free" mods... Letting the motor breathe..

Hope That Helps

true but it will make the fact that he has a turbo more noticable without having to put on "stickers", emblems, ect ect on the car.

Cold air intake works wonders for sound and Short Ram Intake should do the trick cheep and performance adding BOV will make noise but wont help performance any.

You should get this set up. Like me. It sounds awsome!!!!!! When driving down the streets people will turn their heads and look at your car like if someting were wrong with it.

Attachments

• srepixs.JPG
    srepixs.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,118
You should get this set up. Like me. It sounds awsome!!!!!! When driving down the streets people will turn their heads and look at your car like if someting were wrong with it.

LOL I love the face you made out of the circle. Forgive my n00bness - is that mounted differently than it should be?? Thats the MS CAI, right?

LOL I love the face you made out of the circle. Forgive my n00bness - is that mounted differently than it should be?? Thats the MS CAI, right?

Its the MS CAI but without the lower pipe attached. I ran mine like that for a bit.

cai and open downpipe...open downpipe the car sounds like a semi truck when u rev it, u can clearly hear the turbo spool it sounds great

Why is it that when a guy asks for how to make the intake side of his motor sound louder he gets a bunch of people telling him to do cat deletes and other exhaust side modifications?

Do something about the stock airbox (get a CAI or an SRI) and get a louder blowoff valve (although why you want to draw attention to your car on the street is beyond me).

thats his main goal...attract attention, he says he wants louder turbo for people ot know its boosted. bov would compliment very nicely for his goal

Just get the Cobb SRI, that alone will make a lot of noise. It's fun to tap the gas next to ppl when passing :)

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help. Like I said, I dont know crap about my car yet - I knew nothing of its existance until 5 days before I bought it, when my dad pointed it out as a suggestion when I first got home from being overseas for two years and needed a car. Im slowly learning, though - a buddy of mine has a MS6 so I talk to him about some of the questions, but I know there are more knowledgeble sources on here. ;)

So basically, CAI (possibly without the first tube), a downpipe, and of course the megaphone. :p Im not familiar with SRI, info?? And BOVs dont do anything for performance, so should I go with best price or a specific namebrand that wont blow up on me?

SRI is from Cobb. Basically, its a CAI without the long piping. It also has an air straightener built in to it to keep the MAF sensor from spiking lean. If youre going to do the a CAI, consider the SRI as its a cheaper product and gives you a normal condition through the maf. It also makes more torque than the CAI.

Back