HKPRO5's Turbo Build Thread.

i talked to you about this via text. but honestly. it CAN be done with the dash in, it's a pita though. it's easier to take the dash out I think. but, if you want, take the passenger airbag out, take the glovebox out, unbolt all the bolts on the heater core, and pull on that b****.

Maybe later, i needed something to replace my 626 4-2-1 manifold and custom exhaust

Oh snap.... everything went better than expected..... lol

@ Damian I had the 626 exhaust manifold which is a 4-2-1 header. needs a custom midpipe as well.

Fixed the power steering belt, and replaced the missing locking nut.

Things are slowly progressing for the turbo kit as well.

Oil pan should be here sometime next week (late late next week)

Exhaust should be here Satruday, Ill be able to clean it up, and get some paint on it. lol (ceramic paint) Just the piping not the muffler. Ill post up pics once I get it in.

I just re-read the bit about the heater core. That would probably be to the drivers side of the A/C box behind the glove box, yeah? I know when I removed my A/C box there was plenty of room to work in there, but since the heater core is behind the dash, like that one cat said, it might be easier to remove the dash. Though that would suuuuuck. Just removing the glove box shroud is about 10 Philips head screws so try that first. But if you remove that A/C box be aware you'll need to make a block off plate for the firewall.

What about the AC boxes right behind the glove box. Thats really all I want to take out.

Oh, yeah. That's what I was referring to. That box is a piece of cake to remove. There are 3 or 4 10mm bolts holding it in then all the ducting just unsnaps. But you'll still need to make a block off plate. That's where I have my KL harness running from the firewall. I can snap some pics after work if you like? Though I'm sure you can handle it. heh-heh

You don't have any climate controls whatsoever anymore, right?

Oh, yeah. That's what I was referring to. That box is a piece of cake to remove. There are 3 or 4 10mm bolts holding it in then all the ducting just unsnaps. But you'll still need to make a block off plate. That's where I have my KL harness running from the firewall. I can snap some pics after work if you like? Though I'm sure you can handle it. heh-heh

You don't have any climate controls whatsoever anymore, right?

pics? i plan on doing mine this weekend..;)

As it sits.

photo26-1.jpg

photo25-2.jpg

Next pics wont be posted till turbo time. =)

at least try and find some close enough red paint til you can get those skirts painted...

^ nah. I'm going to keep them rice.

That wy when the car is turbo, people will less suspect my car to be fast.

Back