HELP underbody damage

NCZ13

my friend was jacking up my car, so we could get it up on jack stands. this is the first time we ever put the my car on jack stands, but not the first time weve jacked up my car.

we didnt realize that it need to be jacked up from under the door sills, and to us it made much more sense to jack it up on the frame. if i caused any damage to my car because of where i jacked it up please tell me so i can get it fixed

seen here
jackeduptwo.jpg

it was part of the frame, and seemed solid enough. but my friend decides that the underbody of the car is part of the frame, and is sturdy enough to hold the cars weight as we jack it up, me being also stupid didnt check what he was doing.

heres the damage

this is what is should look like
whatitshouldlooklike.jpg

he thought that since that piece was circular, thats where the jack should go since it too was circular. i can understand that logic... if i was in pre school.

this is the damage
effedup.jpg

effedup2.jpg

as u can see, it pretty much went through the floor board. i can feel the insulation. this to me seems like a problem. we pounded it out as much as we could, it doesnt make any noises while driving, but i am concerned because its now exposed to the elements.

so does anyone konw what i should do?

I would at least reseal that area with some sort of underbody spray/rhino liner type material. Not sure where to get that stuff, but perhaps try the auto parts store first.

I accidently did the same thing with my car when I jacked it up I'm like uhh made a nice size dent but I dropped the car back down right away I don't think it hurt anything but eh I learned my lesson and just buy ramps instead I don't like jacking up my car

Oh man, your friend is retarded. Don't let him near your car ever again. Definitely seal it up somehow if you feel the insulation through the hole.

Seeing as this won't happen until May 11th, 2009 though, maybe there's some way you can prevent it? Or will that mess with the space-time continuum?

yeah im definetly gonna go look at some sealer to seal the gap where its exposed. i was hoping that kind of stuff was out there.

and u didnt know that 0button that says TSC has nothing to do with traction? its actually time space control. get up to 60 rev up, hit the button. boom. random date in the future.

Just run a good bead of "outdoor" use silicone from a caulk gun or a plastic squeeze tube, then smooth with your finger and be sure to use a small brush to clean any dirt out of the affected area then clean it with some rubbing alcohol on a rag to remove any grease that may prevent a good bond.

DAP makes a good "clear' 100% rubber silicone.

This will seal it off from intrusion from water, soil and some noise.

Rhino Lining or spray on body sealers are too thin to seal a hole that big.

Last edited:
im assuming this is something i can pick up at like a lowes or a home depot.

ill look into that tomorrow.

i was really just worried about moisture slowly getting in there, causing it to mold over time. thanks for the info.

if anyone else has any experience with this please keep posting.

thanks

mazspd6 said:
Just run a good bead of "outdoor" use silicone from a caulk gun or a plastic squeeze tube, then smooth with your finger and be sure to use a small brush to clean any dirt out of the affected area then clean it with some rubbing alcohol on a rag to remove any grease that may prevent a good bond.

DAP makes a good "clear' 100% rubber silicone.

This will seal it off from intrusion from water, soil and some noise.

Rhino Lining or spray on body sealers are too thin to seal a hole that big.

Excellent advice!

Latest posts

Back