2024 CX-5 Skips/lurches

Bought 2, new 2024 CX5's in December 23. Mine is a Carbon Edition, my wife's is not. Both have the same engine from what I know. My Carbon Edition seems to skip or lurch, especially at low speeds or at initial acceleration. At first, I didn't think much of it...but after driving my wife's CX5 a few times, it is a very noticeable difference. Hers has better acceleration, shifts smoother, etc. It's like a different car. My wife drove my Carbon Edition today and called me specifically tell me about the jumping/skipping/lurching...or whatever word should be used to describe. It's under warranty of course, and I am going to schedule it for service. I'm just not confident I can describe the issue adequately. My guesses are it's related to electronics, fuel line or transmission.

Just want to make sure both are 2.5L right? Because if your wife has 2.5T then there's no cylinder deactivation for her which might feel smoother.

Just want to make sure both are 2.5L right? Because if your wife has 2.5T then there's no cylinder deactivation for her which might feel smoother.
Have you driven a Mazda with CD? While there's an outside chance this that engine might not be quite as smooth in operation as one without CD, it can in no way be characterized as one that "jumps/skips/lurches".

This can sometimes happen when acceleration is babied at low speeds. Take it on the freeway and while merging, floor it a couple of times (through the kickplate) to redline.

Back