Help Request: Nav + Bose 10spkr + MP3 Changer

Lexx

Member
:
2007 Mazda CX-9 AWD GT, 2010 Mazda3 Sport, 2005 BMW M3
So now that I've paid for the fully loaded CX-9 and pre-paid for the MP3 CD changer, Mazda Canada (not the dealer, who is on my side) says that MP3 changer is not compatible with Nav + Bose 10spkr system. Complete BS, right? (ughdance)

To prove them wrong and cause them to get off their lazy incompetent behinds, I am pleading for someone here to "prove" that they have the above combo installed and working. Two clear photos would be ideal, one showing MP3 display on the Nav and second showing the same Nav display with the Bose AudioPilot + CentrePoint configuration screen showing.

Can anyone please help?

Thank you,
Lexx
 
Lexx,

Why don't you goto the website and show that the MOONROOF/BOSE/6 CD PACKAGE is available in the GT!.... That's proof enough.. I have a Navi/MOONROOF/BOSE/6 CD PACKAGE.




MOONROOF/BOSE/6 CD PACKAGE = 277 WATT 10-SPEAKER BOSE CENTERPOINT SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM W/AUDIOPILOT
IN-DASH 6-DISC CD CHANGER PWR MOONROOF W/INTERIOR SUNSHADE


Lexx said:
So now that I've paid for the fully loaded CX-9 and pre-paid for the MP3 CD changer, Mazda Canada (not the dealer, who is on my side) says that MP3 changer is not compatible with Nav + Bose 10spkr system. Complete BS, right? (ughdance)

To prove them wrong and cause them to get off their lazy incompetent behinds, I am pleading for someone here to "prove" that they have the above combo installed and working. Two clear photos would be ideal, one showing MP3 display on the Nav and second showing the same Nav display with the Bose AudioPilot + CentrePoint configuration screen showing.

Can anyone please help?

Thank you,
Lexx
 

Lexx

Member
:
2007 Mazda CX-9 AWD GT, 2010 Mazda3 Sport, 2005 BMW M3
Whitesnake said:
Lexx,

Why don't you goto the website and show that the MOONROOF/BOSE/6 CD PACKAGE is available in the GT!.... That's proof enough.. I have a Navi/MOONROOF/BOSE/6 CD PACKAGE.

MOONROOF/BOSE/6 CD PACKAGE = 277 WATT 10-SPEAKER BOSE CENTERPOINT SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM W/AUDIOPILOT
IN-DASH 6-DISC CD CHANGER PWR MOONROOF W/INTERIOR SUNSHADE

First, I think you're might be missing that I am asking specifically about MP3 CD changer, not the non-MP3 changer. I already have the non-MP3 changer that was part of the lux package in Canada and it works fine, but the dealer didn't have the MP3 changer ready to install when we picked up the car and now this nonsense from Mazda Canada. Yes, I know, why the heck does Mazda even offer a non-MP3 changer ...

Second, not only is it listed on the website and the assessories list, it is also listed AND PICTURED in the owner manual (i.e. manual shows MP3 display on the Navi screeen). Yet these things appear to mean nothing to Mazda Canada drones. I am just trying to get all possible evidence together (Mazda could and likely will claim website and manual are wrong).

Thanks,
Lexx
 

Lexx

Member
:
2007 Mazda CX-9 AWD GT, 2010 Mazda3 Sport, 2005 BMW M3
Never Mind

OK, NEVER MIND! Problem solved. The CD changer in the car already supports MP3!!! The Canadian CX-9 Luxury package includes the BOSE 10 spkr system and what they call everywhere a "6 disc CD changer". It turns out that this is actually a "6 disc MP3 CD changer". Duh!

While I do feel a little like an idiot, no question, I don't think it's significantly my fault. Here are the facts:

- on the Canadian Mazda site, it lets you order the MP3 changer separately from the luxury package; the luxury package uses terminology "6 disc CD changer" and the MP3 changer accessory uses the terminology "6 disk MP3 CD changer"; it is quite possible to select a car with lux pkg and add the MP3 changer accessory to it, no issue at all

- above is also true in the dealer ordering system i.e. the dealer can easily put lux pkg and MP3 changer on the list for the same car

- the dealer had no idea about the above

- Mazda Canada had no idea about the above; their response was the idiotic "BOSE system isn't compatible with the MP3 changer", literally!

- the Canadian owners manual talks about MP3 CD Changer and CD changer in different terms and separated sections; it also warns to not put MP3 CDs into a non-MP3 CD player

In short, every single thing that could be done to document the fact that the 6 disc changer is not the MP3 6 disc changer has been done by Mazda Canada, confirmed by their dealers, and Mazda Canada corporate in respose to direct questions. And yet it is.

The above comments in this thread made me think, duh, why don't I just try it. It works fine. It's beautiful. The dealer owes me my $650 back ...

Note that the Mazda USA website properly disallows ordering the changer if you already have it as part of one of the packages. Sheesh ...

Over and f$#@ing out.

Lexx
 

CX9buyer

Member
Does anyone know if you could replace the stereo head unit with the a Nav system from mazda? Can you simply swap them out or does the navigation sys require special installation and extra equipment?
 

Dalton

Member
:
Mazda RX8 and CX7
CX9buyer said:
Does anyone know if you could replace the stereo head unit with the a Nav system from mazda? Can you simply swap them out or does the navigation sys require special installation and extra equipment?

At least on the CX-7 the headunit for nav is located under the passanger seat - so "simple" swap of the headunit would not do.
Unfortuanetely the navigation system info is not discussed in the user manuals LEXX provided for CX-9.
 

njerald

Member
CX9buyer said:
Does anyone know if you could replace the stereo head unit with the a Nav system from mazda? Can you simply swap them out or does the navigation sys require special installation and extra equipment?

One for sale on EBAY. need at least the antenna for instl.
 

Lexx

Member
:
2007 Mazda CX-9 AWD GT, 2010 Mazda3 Sport, 2005 BMW M3
CX9buyer said:
Does anyone know if you could replace the stereo head unit with the a Nav system from mazda? Can you simply swap them out or does the navigation sys require special installation and extra equipment?

I would expect this to be theoretically possible, but quite involved. In the CX-9, the DVD reader for the Nav is located in the trunk space. One can probably assume that there aren't multiple wiring harnesses out there, so there are probably harness connections at the back for the DVD reader. At the front, I think you have to replace almost all the electronics and the entire front moulded panel set. Add to that the rear camera connections and mounting, and I believe the Bluetooth function is part of the nav package, so needs microphone mounts as well. Plus the antennna set (I don't know where the antenna is).

Nothing impossible, but fairly involved.

I am also not sure if you'll be able to order a genuine kit from Mazda as I think the nav is considered to be a "factory installed option", rather than "dealer installed".

If anyone finds a PDF copy of the navigation manual, please post. I have the papercopy, but scanning a book is not in the cards in the next year :).