HELP: Looking to purchase 2008 GT FWD-CX-9

jgjhhi

We have been trying to weigh the pros and cons of this car. We currently have a leased 2005 Lexus GX-470 that we absolutely love. Three problems with a new one, they haven't changed anything about it, bad rear tailgate and second row seats don't fold flat, not to mention the cost of a new one!!!! Other than that the ride is excellent, perfect for long trips or around town and it still drives like the day we got it.
We drove the CX-9 and overall were very impressed with the intial test drive. Loved the size and handling. After reading the reviews there seem to be some issues with the CX-9. Is this the kind of car you would keep for 5-6 years?
I guess our main question is, had anyone switched from a Lexus SUV to this car? We are so afraid we are going to regret our decision, although the price and supposed value seem to be well worth it. We have the opportunity for a great deal (probably have to let them know by Monday) but would like some feedback before we make our ultimate decision.

THANKS

I sold my Cadillac Escalade to a coworker and replaced it with my AWD GT CX-9. I have no regrets. I wanted something more practical and fun to drive. I have an '08 Corvette and a Cadillac STS with sport package, so I wanted an SUV/CUV that reflected my fondness for good handling vehicles. Really enjoy driving the CX-9; much better than the barge-like Escalade.

We have been trying to weigh the pros and cons of this car. We currently have a leased 2005 Lexus GX-470 that we absolutely love. Three problems with a new one, they haven't changed anything about it, bad rear tailgate and second row seats don't fold flat, not to mention the cost of a new one!!!! Other than that the ride is excellent, perfect for long trips or around town and it still drives like the day we got it.
We drove the CX-9 and overall were very impressed with the intial test drive. Loved the size and handling. After reading the reviews there seem to be some issues with the CX-9. Is this the kind of car you would keep for 5-6 years?
I guess our main question is, had anyone switched from a Lexus SUV to this car? We are so afraid we are going to regret our decision, although the price and supposed value seem to be well worth it. We have the opportunity for a great deal (probably have to let them know by Monday) but would like some feedback before we make our ultimate decision.

THANKS

Not sure what reviews you are talking about. Both C&D and Motortrend have done long term testing on the CX-9 for the last year. Neither had any problems and all staff members of both magazines absolutely love the CX-9.

Recently purchased a 2008 GT AWD and traded our 2003 MDX, which was a great vehicle for over 100,000 miles. Trans on the Mazda is far superior to the old MDX and shifts more like my wifes BMW. The CX9 also handles much better than our MDX and we love the sporty looks for a large SUV. Mileage not great, but we expect better over time and have mainly driven only in the city. Advise should you have any specific questions. I'd be glad to help. Don't think you can go wrong long term based on value and what I've read in the car mags.

Regards,

Ken

Mazda CX-9 = Zoom Zoom with Room for 7!
Go for it! 21k miles and ZERO problems *touch wood*

With the auto industry in a historical mess, you can get a steal!

2008 Mazda CX9 vs 2005 Lexus GX-470
The difference will show when you turn.
Absolutely love my CX9. "zoom-zoom for 7!" Well said.
Previous car => 1998 BMW 540iA (lots of problems...)

Back