Hdtv?

BigBlue

Contributor
This is for those people out there who had normal cable/satellite etc on their HDTV then upgraded to an HDTV signal.

Would you say it was worth it?

I live up in Winnipeg, Manitoba and as far as I know, there are two ways for me to get it....spend the dough and get a digital HDTV receiver from my local cable provider(which I hear isn't all that great as all the channels aren't in digital) or to get the Bell ExpressVu HDTV receiver which as far as I'm aware is about $800 or $900 bucks.

So basically I'm just curious for those that on the same tv switched from one or the other....doesn't count if you went from a 14 inch tv to a 63 inch Grand Wega while also getting HDTV at the same time as you are likely gonna be a little biased! :)

Well in the States Dish is giving the DVR's and the HDTV receivers away for free with a subsription.

i dont actually have HDTV, but my dad does. the picture is pretty amazing. HD makes everything look so clear. there's definitely a huge noticeable difference. although, as far as i know, there aren't too many channels offered in HD. i think the picture is worth the money, but i probably won't really look into getting it myself until more channels are offered.

but i probably won't really look into getting it myself until more channels are offered.
Agreed, we did get a HDTV but with a Progressive Scan DVD. Digital Satelitte (not HDTV stattellite) looks quite nice and it's still better then the digital cable that I have currently (switching back to Satellite once the snow's gone)

Back