Hatchkitten's Protege5 Thread!

got a link?
Pm'd you sir!

Fixed my vibrating wink mirror lol. A little ghetto for my taste but I'll always have a sharpie and a clear view out my back window now lol
25457b08.jpg

wow...how old are you? I mean congrats, it's just that you guys look young :D I hope I have that much fun with my wedding as it looks like you two did.
Plenty old, I just have one of those faces. We just had our second child on May 31st

P.S. Huge fan of the Link with the Wink mirror

My wife is an Etsy addict. Congrats on the Reddit fame, told you your plates are win sauce

Last edited:
July was a bad month...hence my absence. Back to our regularly scheduled program!
I'm single as of the other day SOOOOOOO...doing things to my car is keeping me sane so that's awesome.

Bought Muteki SR48 locking and regular lugs in red for the car.
Went to buy a new oil cap but the one I wanted was out of stock so that sucks.
Changed my spark plugs to NGK Iridiums on Sunday.
Going to be changing my brake fluid, tranny fluid and filter, and power steering fluid (which is ATX fluid I know) this friday.
Got a new passenger seat from a junk yard (because I'm anal) and my ex dropped a cigarette in between his legs and burnt a hole in my drivers seat for 20 bucks. I'll install that later on no rush lol

Going on a road trip next week so I've been running around like a headless chicken.
Atlantic City Sun-Tue Philly on Wed and Manhattan on Thurs with my mom <3
Toronto for the "Meeting of the Mazdas" meet from Fri-Mon with my Nator guys <3
Thoroughly excited in case you guys cant tell.

Still trying to decide on a goddamn intake (going with the SRI Cameron)

Here is a 1080P video of my hood's finish before installing aerocatch latches. The hood was a little warped in the mail so I waited a few weeks for the hood to level out. The hood was refinished with blue metaflake and pearl clear so it looks blue in direct sunlight

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bSNC9_aUdRQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I will see you at MOM! hope you enjoy the drive!

Awesome! I will I <3 driving! Plus I'm sure the Speed3 caravan I'll be a part of will keep me on my toes lol

Might I ask why you went with Iridium plugs?

I should have specified that they're not the iridium ix. They're the laser iridium
http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/products/spark_plugs/laser_iridium.asp?mode=nml

They were the best NGK's my shop had. So I got them...something I don't know? lol

Here is a 1080P video of my hood's finish before installing aerocatch latches. The hood was a little warped in the mail so I waited a few weeks for the hood to level out. The hood was refinished with blue metaflake and pearl clear so it looks blue in direct sunlight

That is very cool... would have never thought to mix like that to get an effect.
I MIGHT be doing something either really stupid or really awesome with my hood today in time for MOM. Friends to the north beware!

The only real benefit of iridium plugs is that they normally last longer. Downside of iridium is a weaker spark and the tendency to overheat, which could cause the spark to get weaker. Not to mention being 4x the cost of a copper plug.

For my MSM, I eat plugs like it's my day job. Coppers last 5000 miles, and I was using Iridiums for a while before I saw the light. Those only lasted 8000.

*shrug* I'll be putting 1500 miles on the car next week so I'll just replace them sooner rather than later. I hadn't replaced them since owning the car with 32k on it and just turned 65k so I wanted to change them just in case.

Going to be doing something ballsy in a few minutes. It'll either look great...or complete fail.
080e9ae4.jpg

Last edited:
Plasti dip the sides of teh hood or the whole hood? atleast it's reversible. c'mon balls! Can't figure the right can.
WAIT, plastidip cover layer, then chalkboard paint!

Back