Has anyone tried to fine-tune their car?

newbornFL

:
dacia logan 1.6 TDI
www.racechip.com It's an interesting approach to increase power(within engine safety limits!) and lower fuel economy,please note that this does NOT damage your engine.Im particulary intrested in this as in my region i have to climb very sloped roads and often,on a heavy car,you might stall.

The roads are very flat here so I don't have to worry about climbing mountains. So, no I haven't looked into a engine chip for my 5.

From the Mazda specs on Racechip's site it shows the 2.0 TDI engine in factory tune having 143 HP and 360 NM (265 lb-ft). Compared to my 2013 with a 2.5 gasoline engine, which is rated at 157 HP and 221 NM (163 lb-ft), the 2.0 TDI you are looking at already has 62% more torque than what my car is rated.

What is the power to weight ratio and the torque to weight ratio of the Dacia Logan that you have now? Will the Mazda 5 you are looking at have better power and torque ratios than the Dacia, before you have to "chip" it?

I think you'd be better off asking in the 3 and 3Speed forums, then the 5. They are more likely to be tuning their engines, and know which tuners are better than others.

I did have a tune on my 90hp 2000 VW Golf TDI, and boy do I miss that torque :D

Back