Hard start after 60,000 mi service, Help?

LDenise

:
2006 Mazdaspeed6
A month ago I took my speed6 in for the 60,000 mi service, and ever since, it sporatically cranks 10-12 times before starting, and now also has a slight 'miss,' neither problem was there before, no computer codes come up. Dealer tried replacing the front fuel injector pump, but not it. Help!

Oil & lube, air filter, clean & lube brake calipers, checked cooling system, lube hinges, latches & seals, replace pollen filter, flushed brakes and power steering, rear diff drain, cleaned magnet, manual trans service cleaned magnet, new fluid, ? checked battery and tires, did not replace spark plugs. They've had my car for 8 days and can't figure it out.

Plugs not replaced

They said there was 'some' carbon on the plugs, but that it was not related to the issue. They are the original plugs.

They said there was 'some' carbon on the plugs, but that it was not related to the issue. They are the original plugs.

Go to a different dealer if under warranty. The one you're using employes idiots in the sevice dept......

Did they check the gap, or just ASSume it was 0.040" or greater like they "all" are? The Speed plugs should be gapped at less than 0.030". Preferably 0.028".

Go to a different dealer if under warranty. The one you're using employes idiots in the sevice dept......

Did they check the gap, or just ASSume it was 0.040" or greater like they "all" are? The Speed plugs should be gapped at less than 0.030". Preferably 0.028".

I used to moderate this section and I can promise you one thing. If you listen to Forzda, you will be ahead of the game. Do what he tells you and you'll be just fine.

im also having cranking over problems, and it stalls when its really cold first thing in the morning. Sooo subbing for more info...

Make sure they put in 5w30 oil, and that they put the air filter in correctly and closed it up correctly. Otherwise, it does sound like plugs or coils are possible. It's also possible that they need to clean the MAF off, or that they unplugged something along the way that has thrown the system off (like a bumped hose causing a vacuum leak). They should have the equipment to plug the car into diagnostics and figure out what is going on with it...the fact that they have had it for days after doing basic fluid changes and screwed it up doesn't exactly speak volumes of their ability.

If you have a Mazdaspeed certified dealership in the area, get the car over there...at least they will have looked at that engine and know what is going on.

Is Mazdaspeed certified different than Mazda? .....

Yes, it is. The Mazdaspeed vehicles are "different" and require special training as they are limited production and have components and functions not present on "regular" Mazda vehicles....

Yes, it is. The Mazdaspeed vehicles are "different" and require special training as they are limited production and have components and functions not present on "regular" Mazda vehicles....

Troof.. You can only buy (or at least used to only be able to buy) Speeds at a MazdaSpeed dealer. We've got 1 here in Cincy, and my local Mazda dealer said they can service most things, but if it has to do with the Turbo or FI System, I should go to the Speed dealer..

Back