Goodbye Protege....Hello WRX

zoomzoom02

:
Protege ES
So, after almost 9 years with the Protege, I finally pulled the trigger on a new car. I just brought this baby home two days ago, 2010 WRX Limited. I deliberated for awhile between the Speed 3 and the WRX, but AWD wins out for me. Words cannot express how happy I am with this car thus far. I have wanted a WRX since they brought them to the states, and now I finally have one.

<O:p
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here on Mazdas247. I've been on here for nearly as long as I have owned my car. You guys have provided a wealth of knowledge, assistance, humor and camaraderie over the years. So, thank you. I will still be lurking on the boards, just to keep up with Mazda. I have a few parts to sell (MSP sub/amp, side skirts, stock deck, HVAC controls) so keep your eyes open for that thread.
<O:p</O:p
The picturs were taken in 5 seconds, just to get some visual proof to my family/friends, so don't expect anything epic. Without further adieu, the 2010 WRX Limited.

Attachments

• DSC00228.JPG
    DSC00228.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC00231.JPG
    DSC00231.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC00233.JPG
    DSC00233.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 181
Nice car! i also looked into the WRX when i was shopping. I ended up going with the MS3 just because the mazda dealer gave me more trade it for my MSP.

Nice car

nice car man.. I guess you got the best years of your protege and it make sense to move on at this point in time.

Looks nice, congrats on the new car (2thumbs)

welcome to the "protege to wrx" club.....

what's funny is even after trading in/up I still spend more time on here than the suby forums, lol. I chalk it up to habit.

welcome to the "protege to wrx" club.....

what's funny is even after trading in/up I still spend more time on here than the suby forums, lol. I chalk it up to habit.

Same here. I guess it could be due to the fact that I have been on here for 8 years. I still think this is the best designed/formatted forum on the web. It is hard to find anything I want on other forums. What Subie forum do you frequent, I haven't found a good one yet.

Man, the one thing that is killing me about this car is the gas mileage and having to run premium. I burn through gas like crazy and am even driving "nice" due to breaking in. I am averaging around 22MPG.

Other than that, the car is fantastic. I just learned that I have a telescoping steering wheel yesterday and found a cupholder I didn't know existed. I love having a car that I can pull out into traffic that is going full-speed and not interfere.

congrats on the upgrade. the guitar player in my band has an 09 wrx sedan. i like it

Back