GI: Carbon Fiber Hatch for P5

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickP5Rider

:
Mazda Protege 5 GT 2003
Hello,

I have notice that the carbon fibre part was more accessible for protege sedan such as for example a carbon fibre trunk … Well I had an idea to create a carbon fibre hatch for the protege 5.

I had a conversation with a local guy to know if it was possible to create one … but the only problem is that to be only one would be to much expensive so to be less expensive it would need to be a minimum of 10 person.

The hatch will be badgless and all of the mechanism bracket will be there ... For the holes for the spoiler I am nopt so shure but they will be there but still it is need to be confirmed

For one the price would be 1350$ CDN but to lower the price we need to be more.

1 hatch 1350$ tx in each
5 hatch 975$ tx in each
10 hatch 795 tx in each

Price are all in canadian dollars

Plus add shipping ... ready to ship to all 48 states ;-)

So the one interested manifest yourself

List of Interested:

1. Nicholas.lussier (CPQ)
2. Nrrfrogmanp5 (mazdas247.com)
3. msp5 (mazdas247.com)
4. BoPro55. (mazda247.com)
6. BlkWidow (mazdas247.com) to be confirm
7. Funkalicious21 (mazdas247.com) to be confirm
8. Viper (CPQ)

P.S.: sorry for my wirtting if there is any unreadable phrase or mistake please correct them thanks ... Announcment are made on the OttawaMazdaClub (OMC) and the ClubProtegeQuebec (CPQ/CMQ)

Last edited:
1. Nicholas.lussier
2.Nrrfrogmanp5

this is more of a GI thread as a GB thread. im interested depending on a price. my buddy has one on his xb and it looks good

um this was made a couple of times and it never went through...sorry to tell u
especially at that price, but thats for one, whats the ballpark price for each if u get 10

1. Nicholas.lussier
2.Nrrfrogmanp5
3.msp5

Gauging interest in a product/group buy is fine, but be aware that, before it can continue past gauging interest, any group buy will need to be approved by Antoine, and may require someone to apply for AV/AMM status.

Do I really need to have a AV or AMM status ... because I am not even making any profit on those ...

Do I really need to have a AV or AMM status ... because I am not even making any profit on those ...

That's Antoine's call. Either way, the group buy will still have to be approved by Antoine.

Okay ... But this thread is to know the interested people and then how does it wrk for the rest buying an stuff

You need to come up with a plan for who will collect money, etc. before you make your case to Antoine. Since you're the one initiating the potential GB, you need to make a proposal. Then, Antoine will adjudicate and decide if AMM/AV status is required by any of the parties involved.

Couple of questions, with this be full carbon fiber or a fiberglass shell with a cf overlay? I assume we will have to transfer the current back glass? will there be mounting for the rear wiper, latch, lock, wiper motor ect? Are the mounting holes for the rear spoiler going to be pre drilled or is that something we will have to do?

It will be a full carbon fiber shell. For the backglass yes you will have to transfer it.

For the mouting for the hardware I am going to talk to the guy but I am pretty shure he is going to do it ''Plug and Use'' so yes it will have the hole for the wiper, wiper motor and lock mechanism. For the spoiler hole's I am not to shure but I will talk to the guy to get that clear.

For any question don't hesitate

Price updated on the first post

how long are you thinking before these could be made, if it takes longer then a couple months I might be able to jump in on the GB.

I'm with blkwidow on that. I might be interested if this thing is held up long enough. It would be a sweet thing to have but I'm not sure if I'll have the money for it if this thing is going to end anytime soon. But definitely a great GI!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back