2010 CX-9 Remote Start Immobilizer Cable Help?

Hey there!

Bought a 2010 Mazda CX-9 last year that came with factory installed remote start. Remote start isn't working due to what seems to be improper installation of the Immobilizer Bypass ribbon cable. My vehicle does NOT have the Smart keys, only flip keys.

The remote start will attempt to start the car, but the anti-theft light flashes. It passes all function checks (aside from starting). I attempted to re-program following the install manual. After that didn't work, I attempted to re-wrap the cable as well with no luck.

I confirmed that this was the issue by placing one of my flip keys by the ignition, when I did this, the remote start worked!

I tried re-wrapping the ribbon cable and re-programming the immobilizer bypass few times with no luck, as well as verifying the 4 pin connector at the module was seated properly. I found Scotch3's install write-up for this remote start kit today and notice the heat shrink components are next to each other when the cable is wrapped.

My questions are, is there a secret way this needs to be wrapped? Do the heat shrink components of the cable need to be in a specific location/orientation? Are there any other items to check? I did notice the excess red and black cable from the 4 pin and the excess ribbon cable were both just wrapped around the immobilizer bypass module.

Appreciate any feedback! Pictures would be SUPER helpful but I imagine it's been a while since anyone's actually installed one of these kits.

Latest posts

Back