GB: CorkSport Mazda Protege Skid Tray

sent my money (breakn)

I'm officially in, sign me up.

You are added to the list. Please use "skidtraygb" when checking out to receive the 25% discount.

Two people have placed orders...when are the rest of you ordering? This GB is good till 4/9. Those of you that committed but have not placed your orders yet, please do so in the next four days.

i got mine already! looks awesome. probably wont be able to put it on until tomorrow though

Gotta love being hours from CorkSport! Ordered mine Monday night and it got here before 5 pm today :)

It looks great and is really solid. Good weight to it. Gonna put it on tomorrow evening I'd believe.

"Weight is a sign of reliability." - Boris the Blade

So I put the skid tray on tonight and I have to say it is very high quality and very rigid once applied.

There were some hiccups along the way however, as I had to drill 6 new holes through the tray. This was because the front 4 holes were off about about a half inch or so (can't remember the exact number now) and we had to drill 4 holes instead of 2 holes through my subframe where the tray connects towards the rear of the car. I think this happened because these were designed and tested on sedans not wagons. I say this because the front bumpers are different, which probably had to do with different locations of the bolts/rubber insulators hence drilling to sit right, and the holes on the rear once connected correctly up front we're beyond the sub frame so they were unusable.

I am not complaining in anyway and actually love the product, just wanted to let others with a P5 know they might run into this.

the bottom is exactly the same for sedan and wagon... Pics of install?

I did not takes pic of the install, but I plan on taking it back off Saturday or Sunday to replace one of the insulator bolts that snapped off from overtightening. I will take pictures and show the differences then.

I think it's weird that you say they're identical on the bottom because just from looking at the installed pics from the first page of the thread, my subframe DOES NOT look identical to the subframe on that car.

I had issues with install as well. The front 4 fit fine, but none of those 5 fit, and like two of them are not even close so didn't even bolt them on, the rear I drilled holes in my gtspec 4 point bar lol. It works.

Back