Gauging interest: Softer AWR mounts...

Kooldino

MOTM Winner Jan '09
Authorized Vendor
Contributor
:
MP3
Ok, so lots of us have the AWR mounts but most of us haven't installed the rear partially because it's too hard and rattles the car to death.

Fortuntately, the poly in the rear AWR mount that makes it rattle too hard is replaceable. I'm gauging interest in a replacement peice of poly for that mount. How many would be interested?

1. Kooldino

im getting a free set of the rr inserts when they are done.. If dont like them, ill take one.

zmepro said:
when are those going to be done? any word on how much they are gonna cost?

if this is directed at me.. he said 1-2 months in late november...

not sure on the price..

update the list

Im in, any time.

1. Kooldino
2. Little Beavis
3. Igdrasil

I think my rear mount is damaged, my car doesnt shakes as before, nothing at all, but still holding strong, the drivers side mount (top of transmission ount) is broken and weakened the rear AWR mount because of the twist is doing.

Last edited:
I'd like at set, but AWR already offers two different sets of bushings? Are the softer automatic ones still pretty hard? I was going to get a set of the auto ones for my car( I have the manual AWR mounts currently) to see how much better it'd be. The bushings are $4.5/ea from AWR, and there are 4 needed...so 20 bucks for the softer ones from AWR..but are they soft enough???

my rear mount blows in the cold weather... i have a ton of new rattles popping up everywhere..:mad:

Yeah, me too. The wierd things at one point all was great, and it was cold, no rattles or anything. The two biggest rattles I found were the two inner kick panels that are on the center console. Took those off and most of the rattles disappeared.

i got one in my drivers side vent and behind my glovebox.. also both doors very random though..

I've also got the random doors. The other is the steering cloumn cover and the gauge surround. Oh, and the sunroof....I need to get some dynamat. And install my JL components. Still worth it for the reduction in driveline slop.

Back