FS-ZE header & manifold to FS-DE

:
MZ5 -11
As the title says, is it possible to put FS-ZE header to FS-DE engine? FS-DE header is 4-1 and has cat right after it, FS-ZE header is 4-2, but I don't know where there should cat be?
I gues it would be possible to put FS-ZE header and make custom downpipe to it, but would it have any hp gains? Worth it?

And what about FS-ZE intake manifold? I ques it doesn't have VTCS, but is there any more differnces? More hp gains again?

Thanks already for knowing answers.

There's a resonator box... but that's about it... far as we can tell, it's exactly the same in all other ways as the "130-140" hp FSDE intake manifold.

90% of the performance difference from the FSZE is the higher revs and the higher compression. Maybe 10% due to the cams. I doubt the extra piece of plastic on the intake manifold does much but mute the buzziness of the engine.

As for headers, I guess it's good for a nice kick if you're not willing to run without a primary cat, but otherwise, a true performance header should do you better.

Last edited:
Yeap. I founded same thing about intake, it seems that only differences should be the resonator box, wich should work only in higher revs and FS-ZE intake don't have VTCS. So it should be interchangable, but doesn't give much hp gain.

But the header is still a little quostionmark for me. Cos' in this case I would run without my first cat, cos' original header is 4-1 and cat, and FS-ZE header is 4-2, then I should only get 2-1 downpipe, without cat ofcourse.

I was only thinking that if the FS-ZE has 170hp, so the header should flow very well?

Wouldn't know. I've never seen the header itself. The only time I've seen an FS-ZE is swapped into another car, so it was stuck to the aftermarket header that was already on that car.

IMHO, any good, long-tube aftermarket header would be superior. The resonator in the intake might be good for sudden prods of the throttle or might serve as an air-reservoir to complement VICS, but you might want to just swap to a ported-out 626-manifold or remove VTCS yourself.

Well, the header looks like this:
FS-ZE header & manifold

My point in this is mainly that I think it would be easier and cheaper to get those manifolds, than trying to find aftermarket header in here where I'm at.

And FS-ZE intake manifold could be better than normal mani VTCS removed.

What I have understood reading here, 626 mani isn't going to work that good in n/a engine..

Last edited:
Back