FS: Turbocharged '02 Protege5

Status
Not open for further replies.
saw the car at the indy meet and dam is it clean. whoever buys this is buying a car that was taken care of and has some real nice mods.

GL with the sell

If you do go the "part out" route, I'll probably take the turbo kit from you. I live in NEOhio so we could swap out my parts for yours some weekend. Just keep it in mind.
Good luck with the sale!
Sent you a PM. If you are serious about this and have the parts to revert back to N/A (manifold, intake, ECU, etc.) then I am willing to work with you. Let me know.
nice stuff magnum.. pm me about the parts we spoke about earlier. i'm def interested in this. thanks!
Lewis above has expressed some interest in the entire turbo setup. If I can swap something out completely in one fell swoop then I'd prefer to go that route.
A quart of oil bi-monthly!?! How often do you drive it?
I would say I drive the car about 60-75% of the time. It is a daily driver after all. When I drive it I also drive it aggressively. I don't beat on the car but I don't believe in babying it around town either. I like to make sure the turbo gets up to speed several times a day. In other words, I drive it like it was a rotary engine.
If you decide to part I want dibs on that front strut tower brace...good luck selling as a whole though...
Like I mentioned in the first post, if you have all the hardware required for the stock STB, then I be willing to work out a trade + cash.

For the time being, I am only really considering doing large trades like the entire turbo setup, suspension, etc. If too much time goes by and there's really no interest in the car then I will start swapping out smaller things.

ok. so let me know on the manifold. but the radiator and the shifter/bushings,fans(if they're slim pushers)

and your spare motor trans!

I may have a local that would be interested. I'll talk to him and get back to ya.

I may have a local that would be interested. I'll talk to him and get back to ya.
Please do! I'd love to have a local pick it up because then I could still lend a helping hand if he/she ever had any issues and I'd always be around for questions.
PM sent!

Just to add, I know a lot of you guys are asking for a part out but the way I see it is this. For those who have a P5 or sedan and are looking to turbocharge their car this is an easy way to go about doing it. If you're one of those who likes to do things yourself and are particularly attached to your car just pick this up, swap all the parts over and viola, you're done. Afterwards you can sell/trade my P5 with stock parts for money - I guarantee you will walk away with a profit this way, you just have to be willing to make the initial investment. For the MSP guys you can either keep the P5 as-is for a fun car or swap them all over to your MSP and then you'd have a nearly stock MSP5 that should be completely reliable.

Sent you a PM. If you are serious about this and have the parts to revert back to N/A (manifold, intake, ECU, etc.) then I am willing to work with you. Let me know.

Lewis above has expressed some interest in the entire turbo setup. If I can swap something out completely in one fell swoop then I'd prefer to go that route.

I am serious and do have the stock parts, however I won't be able to come with the $2k you are asking for till about August. But if for some reason someone doesn't snag this great deal by then, I will certainly hit you up, though it's a very long time away... Boo. Once again, good luck with the sale!

I'm willing to work on the price so let me know what you could do in the meantime. Honestly, if I'm going to trade the car in the end I'm pretty sure it won't matter if it has the turbo or not so I'd probably be making more money anyway.

Anyway, I'm off to go look at a '91 RX7 'vert!

Blarg the dealership only offered $5500 for my P5 on a trade-in and actually wanted me to go negative on buying a car that is 11 years older with more miles, um NO! TO bad, it seemed to be in really good shape too.

So I hate to bump my own F/S thread but I figured I would put this offer out there for everyone to see. For those who are N/A and want to go turbo I will sell my entire turbo setup (turbo, manifold, downpipe, ECU, SS AFC V2, boost gauge, wideband gauge and sensor, 2nd O2 sensor extension and all required lines, fittings, etc.) for $1500 + all stock parts I require to keep the P5 running. For additional money I can also throw in my other gauges (oil temp/pres and voltmeter) plus all my gauge mounting (a-pillar pod, steering column pod and gauge bezel pod). Just LMK!

Car is now listed on AutoTrader and the local CraigsList. I'll probably have an add up tomorrow on Cars.com as well (stupid tornado warnings keeping me from finishing!) In the meantime... BUMP!

If it were 8 months ago I would defidently consider. I already am formulating plans as to what I would do with your protege if I got it. Good luck with the sale!

Someone please take this off my hands! I may have found the perfect RX7! $7000 takes everything except the seats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back