FS: DaveB Ring Clones

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about some pics of the polished set?!

anyways - im thinking FORZWIN will ship the batch of testers to someone else willing to take a look. reut1 im looking at you since youre saying yours was too big and FORZWIN was saying his was too small. now that the TA is willing to take a look at it id rather take my time to make sure the program for him to run is user friendly and everyone gets the correct size ring. unfortunately, i wont have a timeline on that until someone else takes a look at the rings.

orders that were placed and havent been filled wont be shipped until the matter is resolved. if you are in dire financial straits you can PM me and i will consider a refund, but i wont be able to offer the GB price again anytime soon, and im not exactly swimming in cash either. im still not looking to refund everyone at this point since i dont think there will be any more problems once the fit of the rings gets confirmed by a second party.
im sorry for the wait but i think it'll be worth it! i really dont want people to have to glue theirs in...

if you wanna send them out to me i can pull out my cluster right after work any day this week and check them all out. just let me know and ill get you the address to ship them to

PM it to me and FORZWIN.

FORZWIN, youve got an OK from me to ship them to him - and PM me your paypal and i'll comp you for USPS priority flat rate small box. ($5) try to keep the sharpie indicators on the rings, or relabel them if they got sanded off. also dont tell him which the - supposedly - included ring was, or what you think the best replacement is... thats for him to figure out

Mine was a hair too big and would not sit flush. The smaller ones are fine, but there is a lot of gap. Superglue holds it in place with no bubbles or signs or glue-ing, but would still love to get an update if there is a fix for it made in the future. Thanks again Bryan!

im still working on the fix, i think FORZWIN was shipping the testers out yesterday or today. unfortunately, i dont think the big ring will sit flush with the cluster and be the correct size at the same time. its a design error, but without having the DaveB's on hand anymore to compare, i cant speculate whether this happened with the originals, and if it didnt, the best way to fix it.
but - everyone whos owned both sets said they could barely tell the difference.

ill keep you posted as things happen with the fix. the TA also started to work on the small rings for the outstanding orders. so a little good news there...

well i have an answer from everyone whos looked at the rings and both people gave me the same answer. i still havent pinned down what exactly caused the size variations everyone has mentioned - and i doubt i ever will. reut, i havent decided where youre shipping the rings yet. it will be back to me, but im not sure if you will be keeping your preferred ring or not.

in any case, i know what im doing moving forward with the big ring. time is a little short since i just moved out of my old apartment and am moving into my new one, but the TA did say hes continuing to work on the small rings... he has at least a half dozen done. i should have a revised profile for the big ring done by the time he wraps up enough small rings to fill my outstanding orders. the first people who will get the revised big ring will be the people with outstanding orders, and hopefully that will put the nail in the coffin in that respect, and i can move on to replacing everyone elses.

Any updates?

well i have an answer from everyone whos looked at the rings and both people gave me the same answer. i still havent pinned down what exactly caused the size variations everyone has mentioned - and i doubt i ever will. reut, i havent decided where youre shipping the rings yet. it will be back to me, but im not sure if you will be keeping your preferred ring or not.

in any case, i know what im doing moving forward with the big ring. time is a little short since i just moved out of my old apartment and am moving into my new one, but the TA did say hes continuing to work on the small rings... he has at least a half dozen done. i should have a revised profile for the big ring done by the time he wraps up enough small rings to fill my outstanding orders. the first people who will get the revised big ring will be the people with outstanding orders, and hopefully that will put the nail in the coffin in that respect, and i can move on to replacing everyone elses.

do you want me to ship the sample rings back to you soon? ive been all set with them since an hour after i got them from FORZWIN last saturday

Is there a rough time frame on when the original buyers will get a replacement for the large rings?

Aside from the one tuesday, which somehow posted before the question was asked, not really. I will get in touch with the T.A. Monday to figure out where things stand. Reut, you will be shipping the rings to him, I will get his address info from him then, as well as let you know how to ship them. Thanks again for your help. And sorry, still no timeframe for earlier buyers... It's tough to make a prediction like that when I do everything through a proxy haha

could you tell me the side difference between the size D and E rings you gave me? I was maybe going to just sand down the outer edge to make them fit for now. just dont know if there is enough material there to sand down without going through it :D

I will post polished pics if you get me the right center ring. LOL. Sick of just 2 side rings already

i wish i had one. i havent been able to get in touch with the TA yet this week, and no one picked up the phone when i called the shop... they might be taking a week off. he hasn't picked up his cell or answered my email. i plan on trying all of the above options tomorrow - again.

it sucks. none of us wants this to fizzle out. i dont want to spend all the graduation money i saved for a vacation on refunds, and you dont want to miss out on a chance on rings (id imagine).
however, if i dont have an update and a timeframe im satisfied with by monday, i will probably consider partial refund options for people willing to stick around, or full refunds for people who are ready to bail at that point. if things are still moving pretty well then i will consider whats going on if thats the case.

in any case, the revised big ring machine code is ready when he is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back