FS: 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeilBey

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
Got a baby coming (it was planned, don't worry), so I'm selling my 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protg. It has approximately 133000 (which will go up as I put miles on the car). Price $3500 (no low ballers please).

The Good:
*Replaced transmission with a low miles MSP transmission (has the LSD)
*The clutch was replaced at this time as well, as well as resurfacing the flywheel
*Replaced Ball Bearing turbo with equivalent Garrett T25 with journal bearings (these are rebuildable, and generally more reliable)
*Timing belt was done 2000 miles ago, as well as water pump, tensioner and guide, new timing belt cover, cam seals, etc.
*Replaced the head gasket at the same time as the timing belt, as well as exhaust manifold gasket and intake manifold gasket.
*Performed the VCTS delete (too much to explain if you don't know what it is, basically it makes the intake flow better)
*Has solid motor mounts.
*New AWR poly rear sway bar bushings
*Autometer Boost gauge, Volt Meter, Oil pressure gauge
*Pioneer 12" subwoofer and boss amp
*Rear tires are at approx. 75%
*K&N air filter
*Cold air intake
*Replaced front wheel bearings
*replaced left steering endlink
*Replaced front Sway bar endlinks
*replaced thermostat with a low temp one.
*there's probably more, and I will add as I remember

The Bad:
*Had a small crack in windshield, turned into a bigger crack today. Does not cause it to fail NC inspection though.
*Small leak in oil inlet line where it meets the turbo - Can replace the line or the compression fitting at the turbo for no more than $50
*Heater core has a hole - it is bypassed right now, and does not leak currently, but will need to be replaced.
*Front tires are getting low, about 25% left - will still pass NC inspection
*The front lip (not bumper) was chipped (paint only), and looked hideous, so I removed it. The result is, it looks like the front end of a regular protg 5. It looks better in my opinion, just needs the fog lights. The front lip and hardware will come with the car, or sell it, since they are in high demand.
*Was planning on doing a custom 2.5" exhaust. Have the muffler, a glasspack (as the resonator) and high-flow cat. Any exhaust shop can bend and weld one up. These parts will come with the car.
*I had the head checked and resurfaced when doing the Head gasket, and it check fine. It does smoke a little on cold mornings if you don't let the car warm up for 2 minutes. It may be the turbo seals leaking a bit- a relatively easy fix since the turbo is rebuildable, or valve seals going - not so easy. In any case, if you let in warm up for a few minutes, it doesn't smoke when driving.

The car is super fun to drive - handles like it is on rails, and enough horsepower to keep it fun (save for the slight lag were the fuel gets dumped - a factory issue). I inherited (read: bought) it with a lot of these issues, and have fixed most of them since I've owned it, and tried to take good care of it. I just need to get something more family-oriented (read: soccer-mom car). I am making payments on this, so we'd have to figure it out with regards to that. Price is $3500, since there are a few issues that need to be worked out, but still a good buy at that price.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...uthkey=!AFmQCQGhGCKZ_vE&v=3&ithint=photo,.jpg
http://1drv.ms/RlEEgp
http://1drv.ms/RlER3f
http://1drv.ms/1kJuj5f
http://1drv.ms/1kJuuh1

Last edited:
Thanks for the encouraging bumps. I'm hoping this will sell quickly. Priorities change when you get a bun in the oven... No more fun toys.

Really trying to make this sell this weekend - it's either this, our I trade it in. $4200 takes it. No lower. Just fixed the leaky radiator today. Fixing the rattlesnake cat shield tomorrow.

Last edited:
So I realize that this car is not a valuable as it once was after checking the internets. Lowered down to $3900 for a quick sale.

Everybody that reads this thread: I realize the front lip on these are like gold. If I wanted to sell it, I would have done so by now. Please stop PM'ing me unless you are about to offer me $1000 for it.

That being said, if I don't sell the car by next week, I will end up trading the car, and will most probably sell the lip; at which point, I will make a FS thread using the appropriate format as set by mazdas247.com.

No takers? This thing is going in for trade on Monday.

$3500, I really don't want to trade. Someone buy this.

Listen, I don't appreciate you trolling up my FS thread. As an approved merchant, you of all people should know how to adhere to proper etiquette.

I offered to buy for trade-in which you said would happen Monday...I gave you an offer on what you would get already, probably would give a few hundred extra...it was a legitimate offer for having 1 day left, and now merely hours until you get rid of the car...I also offered trade on another car with a greater value...I seem to miss the "Proper Etiquette" you are mentioning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back