Front end freshening, what to replace?

Just crossed 135k and the front end on my protege5 is getting noisy and sloppy. The car is entirely stock, and I'd like to more or less keep it that way. Looking for suggestions as to what I need to be looking at replacing. Is there anything missing from the list below? Anything I can omit? Any input much appreciated!

- Sway bar endlinks (reallllly noisy right now)
- Sway bar bushings
- Lower control arm bushings and bal joints
- Struts
- Strut mounts

control arm ball joints are not really user replaceable, so you might have to replace the whole control arm.

i would also add upper strut bearings, since you are replacing the struts. those can wear out, too.

yeah i think i need to do these. have the ford escape links and after market shocks .but idk lately my front ends sounds like it wants to fall appart:/ control arms were changed before etc and rods so idk what the prob is

yeah i think i need to do these. have the ford escape links and after market shocks .but idk lately my front ends sounds like it wants to fall appart:/ control arms were changed before etc and rods so idk what the prob is

i have the same problem

control arm ball joints are not really user replaceable, so you might have to replace the whole control arm.

i would also add upper strut bearings, since you are replacing the struts. those can wear out, too.

I was planning on just getting new lower arms with bushings and ball joints. Since this is my primary vechicle, I'm trying to minimize downtime and having new arms ready to throw on will make a big difference there I think.

One clunk noise found :/

712a68a7.jpg

7049f636.jpg

Latest posts

Back