From LX to MSP- my build.

well we got lotsa work done lately. we pulled the heater core from the p5 and put it in the lx for the time being, until it's an ACTUAL race car. lol. need heat/ac for dd for now. put the new dash in. cleaned up the interior. started putting the door cards back on the car. just waiting to get a few bucks for the other parts i need.

i can't wait to get the motor in and drive the mother fucker!

haha. but seriously, it's going to end up being a stock motor first. and i'll fab the bracket for the s/c while i save up for the turbo kit. as well as work on the engine harnesses. s*** like that.

i dont have ALL that much interest on the harnesses, and the plugs are NOT cheap. those alone are going to be about 300 or something. but we'll see if i can source cheaper parts.

well, I finally moved the car to the new shop and got that all setup.. working on a few things. a couple things:

BAD- on the way to the shop, the CF roof cap which i thought i strapped down good enough, wasn't good enough. it's finished. 400.00 down the drain.. might need a new one.

GOOD- i ordered a full set of AWR 95 durometer motor mounts. YAY. things are starting to come together with it!

I received my awr mounts! so nice, only 3 though, forth is being built.

also got my front control arms, inner and outer tie rods.

me too man, me too! the FB page of Exile will have new pictures first probably, because I can upload them from my phone. Cannot wait to drive it again, it'll be the best handling N/A car for now. lol.

What's with the big shaft? is the other end where the belts connect?

And next question... Is it internally lubricated and sealed or does it lube like a turbo off engine oil?

What's with the big shaft? is the other end where the belts connect?

And next question... Is it internally lubricated and sealed or does it lube like a turbo off engine oil?
idk about the shaft. that's how she likes it....:)

and it's internally lubed yes.

Let's see some more pics of the SC....

How do you intend to plum it in with the turbo? two pipes into the intercooler and one out... two intercoolers and a Y at the throttle body?

Let's see some more pics of the SC....

How do you intend to plum it in with the turbo? two pipes into the intercooler and one out... two intercoolers and a Y at the throttle body?

i'll get some another time.
yeah i'm going to do 2 pipes in one out of the intercooler. something like that.

Well here's a few pictures of the stock p5 motor in my lx. I got AWR 95 duro mounts. just waiting on the last one!
installed new inner and outer tie rods
ordered and awaiting install, front control arms. some other stuff.. love this car, can't wait!
Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

thanks!

I finally got my last motor mount for the protege from AWR. so I'll be putting that in this weekend. but i've gotta finish another car first, mine is on the back burner. no biggie, i finally got my STi back.:)

i know your sc is different than mine but pm me if you have any questions. im installing mine this upcoming week

well i'm getting close to gettin this beast on the road. unfortunately i'm going to need a new front windshield, and rear as they are cracked.

anyways, gotta finish up zachs car, which has the motor/trans back in the car. so he's almost done.

with this completion and the end of this semsters exams, means i get to work on the tucked harnesses.

Back