FREE MPI help!

no offense but i dont understand how anyone who doesnt know where their ecu is, to be able to wire in a piggyback. nicely done.

Well the wiring is pretty easy if you follow the instructions... And I didnt know where the ECU was because I hadnt done anything with it before so I didnt need to know.

GMalatrasi said:
Bump for some much needed help!!
I cant get it to lean out enough to even be above the min of 11.6 AFR
Is there a way to tell the MPI to let the ECU run the car?

Ok, remain calm!
This is a piggyback so the ECU IS running the car.
The question is, what signals is your current map modifying (and to what extent).
  1. There is a button on the right side of the MPI software that says "view map name". Check that.
  2. Is it a map you made, were given or came already loaded on the MPI?
  3. Do u have any numbers in the 8 x 16 charts on the 3 tabs labeled analog, fuel and timing?

Crazee D said:
Ok, remain calm!
This is a piggyback so the ECU IS running the car.
The question is, what signals is your current map modifying (and to what extent).
  1. There is a button on the right side of the MPI software that says "view map name". Check that.
  2. Is it a map you made, were given or came already loaded on the MPI?
  3. Do u have any numbers in the 8 x 16 charts on the 3 tabs labeled analog, fuel and timing?
I tryed a bunch of different maps... from this thread, some I modified to see if I could lean it out, and I also tried the one that came with the MPI but that one said MP3.
Some maps had numbers in the charts, some I set everything to zero, some I changed to other things.

If I set everything to zero, wouldnt that be like setting the MPI to not change any of the signal from the stock parameters?

I am running with a mostly zeroed out base map. It has -5 in the first 2 load columns (x-axis). Everything else I have is a zero. This is my "starting point" for NA tuning via O2.
However, right now my O2 signal is not reading correctly.
I want to make changes in a controlled manner so I can ID what is working well.

Yeah I would only change one thing at a time and see what the changes would be but none of the changes fixed the fuel problem.
Do you have a map I could take a look at what you have for global settings?
is the ignition system in your car the stock system?

GMalatrasi said:
If I set everything to zero, wouldnt that be like setting the MPI to not change any of the signal from the stock parameters?

Yes.
Remember that on the analog map Negative numbers Add fuel and Positive numbers will pull fuel out.

If u think of the signal passing thru the MPI, when it hits the value in the Map it is adjusted and sent out back to the ECU with a "new" value.
If u reduce the incoming signal value (negative #) the ECU "sees" less fuel and sez "Oh, s***!" and adds more fuel. and ofc vice versa.

Under global settings, which mode am I supposed to be on?
  1. 1-Missing tooth operation
    10-Single ignition advance and retard + frequency fuel
    11-Single ignition advance and retard + road speed governor
    12-Two ignition advance and retard

GMalatrasi said:
Yeah I would only change one thing at a time and see what the changes would be but none of the changes fixed the fuel problem.
Do you have a map I could take a look at what you have for global settings?
is the ignition system in your car the stock system?

Sure.
Besides Denso plugs and Magnacore plug wires my ign is still stock-ish.

I am attaching a map. You have to change the file extension back to .SMT after u download it.

Attachments

• Crazee D.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 116
Ok I changed the system config in the global settings because I dont have a wideband so i dont need the lambda input and unlinear on.
I see you have the fuel upper limit set to 9.99v
Isn't the max for our fuel system 4.98v?

With the exception of enabling the lambda options, I have left the global settings alone. I was told by Nick at MPI to switch those on when I reported my AFR signal as staying locked in place. It did not solve my problems.

I tried your map and it's still too rich, I tried setting the zero value of the analog to a higher number and it did lean it out a lil but not nearly to the extent of what i need.
When you run your car does the AFR read something? cause mine stays at 11.6 while the engine is running and then goes back to 14.7 when it shuts off.

Oh the Fuel Zero Calibration in the Global settings?
I've tried everything from -5 to 0 to 50

You are running NA right? If you put the resistor on the MAF, then you won't be able to run the same map as Crazee D. You should be tuning via O2, not MAF for NA. Then when you go turbo you will change back to MAF tuning. So how is Pin 88 and 60 hooked up right now?

For some reason I don't get emails when there are responses to this thread even though I am subscribed. I still get emails from other threads. That's why it takes me so long to see what's going on here.......sorry.

Back