Found a M5 - fair deal? (w/pics)

Its been bugging me, but its MZ5. That Z is important :p, otherwise you're talking about a BMW :p.

It looks really clean, but IMO I'd either talk them down more or try and get a better deal on a 2012 GT. Just because it has very low mileage doesn't mean its as good as new. The bushings and all other rubber parts have sat through the elements for four years, but that's me. There's also better financing on a new model if you plan on financing (0% for up to 60 months). And personally I'm a bigger fan of the 2012 dash layout with the red lighting, green lighting screams 80s Japanese to me.
You can get 0% financing on new but you won't qualify for $1500 dealer cash. It is either or. CPO qualifies for 0.9%.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

You can get 0% financing on new but you won't qualify for $1500 dealer cash. It is either or. CPO qualifies for 0.9%.

I managed to pay $1k under invoice with 0% for 60 months back in February, just requires some negotiating.

I managed to pay $1k under invoice with 0% for 60 months back in February, just requires some negotiating.
I was looking at about 3k under invoice at regular financing, or 1.5k under invoice with 0%. My credit union can do 1.5%, so total interest paid over 5 years would be under $800,assuming a $20k loan. Getting 1.5% makes more sense financially since it saves you more.

The dealer offered me 1.85% for 60 mo standard financing, even that would be less than $1k in interest.

I know some mention much lower prices, I contacted multiple dealers and was not able to get lower, guess my negotiating skills aren't that good. In the end I ended up getting a 10 month old car with 1k on the odometer with CPO for $4700 under new invoice with 0.9%.

Last edited:
He has a 911 GT3 RS.
now that's just mean. i managed to convince the mrs out of an odyssey and into a turbo brick wagon since Sunday. i do not know how I did it, but I feel like a friggin WAR HERO, peoples.

m5 gone, v70 in da garage. no mo car payments for this dude. (cheers)

now that's just mean. i managed to convince the mrs out of an odyssey and into a turbo brick wagon since Sunday. i do not know how I did it, but I feel like a friggin WAR HERO, peoples.

m5 gone, v70 in da garage. no mo car payments for this dude. (cheers)
WHAT WHAT????? YOU CANT MAKE THAT COMMENT WITHOUT SOME PICS!!!

The 850T5R and the 850 R Canary Yellow with the black wheels was my dream car. You can't find them, non clapped out, any more.

My college room mate had a 840 DL Wagon with a 5.0 Mustang motor in there.

PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS

^ sorry dude, it's not a V70R or a V70 T5, just a V70 2.5T... not really pic worthy..
yes, loved that yellow R wagon... now i'm gotta go hunt down some turbo blade rims.. look at what you just did.

...My friend traded in his 2010 GT last night with 35k miles. Car is mint. $7800 on trade in.

Local market demand plays into this a lot. Personally I think your friend got hosed but that may be the market out there. In ATL area CarMax offered me $9600 on my 2010 Sport with 59k miles on it. The Mazda dealer I bought it from offered $9700 just to beat the CarMax offer. Ended up selling on Autotrader in about two weeks for $9840 cash.

I've bought cars in other states because I could get it 3k or 4k less than local. It was worth a $250 plane ticket to save $3,000....

^ sorry dude, it's not a V70R or a V70 T5, just a V70 2.5T... not really pic worthy..
yes, loved that yellow R wagon... now i'm gotta go hunt down some turbo blade rims.. look at what you just did.
This is a mazda 5 forum, not FerrariChat. OF course it is picture worthy, as a replacement.

pics now.

Oh man turbo blade (searches craigslist for t5R)

Local market demand plays into this a lot. Personally I think your friend got hosed but that may be the market out there. In ATL area CarMax offered me $9600 on my 2010 Sport with 59k miles on it. The Mazda dealer I bought it from offered $9700 just to beat the CarMax offer. Ended up selling on Autotrader in about two weeks for $9840 cash.

I've bought cars in other states because I could get it 3k or 4k less than local. It was worth a $250 plane ticket to save $3,000....

Don't disagree with you. Your numbers, and my friends number, both show 16K for a gen 1 is a lot.

BUt as long as buyer is happy, who cares, I suppose.

BUt as long as buyer is happy, who cares, I suppose.

Yup...very happy. Picked up the beaut today. Drives great and the condition is really nice for a 4 year old vehicle with lower miles.

Still, you need to give a rundown. Year, pics, features, future mods. Going to head over to Swedespeed now?

Still, you need to give a rundown. Year, pics, features, future mods. Going to head over to Swedespeed now?

volvo_zps04933ce0.jpg

here, don't laugh. but dat ass! future mods? iunno.. is SWMBO reading? if so, no mods, none beyond fixing the driver seat tear. the LCA bushings + all the motor mounts be replaced, and I think the PCV system is due for a tear-down as well.. yikes.

If no one's reading: i want to throw on a 16T from your T5, Autotech tune, CNT DP, Team Dynamic Race 1 rims. Simple bolt-on.

What happened to the exhaust?

I recall they had a single exhaust, wtih the cutout for hte other side closed.

^ i dunno what hap'd to the exhaust. i think they come looking broke/bent. (crazy) . this is someone else's exact same car:
79fdca81d6_640.jpg

Latest posts

Back