Picked up 2013 GT CX-9 yesterday, LED running lights went out today

kchandra

Hi all - We went to MN yesterday to pick up a 2013 GT with about every option on it but Rear Entertainment - 86K, seems like a lot of maintenance had been done per carfax - fluid flushes and such...It had some scratches and such which they did not disclose and pissed me off some, but dealers are crooks (Walser Buick GMC in Roseville, MN). How they went about defending and backpaddling is for a different time. Anyway, we had committed, sold our car to carvana in the am already, so we landed up getting it - probably our fault and full of regret now!

Driving home thru a downpour, we hear a grinding thumping noise on passenger side front - pull into gas station and crawl and look - the front right tire is eating the fender line for supper...jimmy-rig it out the way. I will probably buy a new fender liner - not too bad prices online.

Today, we come back from a busy day and I notice as wife is pulling into garage that the parking/running light LED halo section is not working on drivers side! Look in owners manual and see there is no bulb and says unit needs replaced...WTF! Look up prices on tasca and double WTF - its 925.71!

This is mega disappointing - I clearly do not want to replace it and it has no warranty, so now I am hosed.

I searched and found someone else with similar issue who replaced it under extended warranty, but I have to ask:

Am I missing something simple - I did not find a fuse and such for it underhood. Has anyone found a workaround? Is there a LED board or something that can be replaced or soldered? I cannot find anything on YT and such...I figured this be a much more common issue.

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks much!

Latest posts

Back