Ford EEC-V Tuner

Little Beavis

:
2001 MP3-T (#911)
Got this message on another board I've been doing some "fishing" on:

yes a catch code would help. check to see if it has a service port on the back. if it does you can send it to me and i can scan it and i most lickly have a chip made for it. if it does not have a service port then i mite be able to flash it.

:D :D :D

I'm not sure what a catch code is, so I'm not sure what I'm looking for, but these guys have been modifying EEC-V PCMs for superchargers, so I thought it was worth a shot. Anybody have the info I need to give them?

What are you asking here?

Haven't you pulled that plate for your ECU?

The only way anything goes in or out of the ECU is the harness. I haven't seen any other way to get at the info inside ECU, other than the OBDII port.

But trying to re-flash a car through the OBDII port can cause issues if the ECU doesn't take the program or there is an interuption of some sort.

As far as I know and have seen, the harness plug on the ECU is the only way in and out.

I remember on my ECU for the Ford Focus, there was a port on the top of the ECU that you could access to plug in a chip. I don't see this on our ECUs.

how about if we got a MSP ECU, and had that "flashed" to our personal specs??

If im not mistaken the ECU has a rubber cover on the back side of the box. This may help. BUT dont forget the EEC V in the protege is only the shell. The inside is a different animal. It would be really inetersting to see if it can be done.
If you can send me a link i will send the guy and extra ecu for the pro and see what he can do

Back