Forced Induction

projectss

I'm still waiting for a supercharger to come out for the Mazda 3... but there's always the option to go turbo and i know that it's already out for the Mazda 3 to have a turbocharger, but it's for a 2.3 engine.

Mine, however, is a 2.0 engine. If i change my mind to a turbo, will it work for me?

One more thing:
There are parts that is made just for the 2.3 engine... is it any different if i get it for my 2.0?

To answer your questions, there may or may not be any interchangeable parts between the 2.3 and the 2.0, but you can rest assured that the internals are completely different.

Also, it is generally not a good idea to add forced induction to a motor that was not designed for it. A lot of stuff changes based on the design of the combustion cycle. The cam timing and overlap, fuel injector flow rates, intake and exhaust path cross section, compression ring clearances, crank bearing load ratings, control plant function, and the list goes on and on and on, including clutch and CV-joint ratings, among other things.

Most stock engines could probably tolerate a very slight increase in intake pressure over ambient, but not very much, and you'd be eating up a lot of the engine's design failure margins for extra performance. Not worth it, in my humble opinion.

There's no such thing as cheap power... unless you don't care about blowing up your motor in 10k miles, or spending 20k on a new drivetrain for a 20k car... may as well spend 40k on a used corvette and be done with it :)

Back