For those of you with Hawk front pads....or anyone I guess

i58858543

EDIT: Just received an email saying I will be receiving a new set from Hawk. I'm very glad to hear they are going to remedy the situation. New set received today 4/20. Very pleased with Hawks customer service. I would definitely buy from them again.

How did they come packaged when you received them?
I'm hoping it wasn't like this. The rears look like they were done the right way.

Last edited:
my fronts were pretty much the same.. and so were the rears?? I guess monkeys pack the fronts now?? little bits of brake pad busted off.. the sticker was dust too!! bastards!! send em an email.. im too lazy.

I actually just called them and they said a batch might have gone out that wasn't properly packaged. They told me to send pics. Hopefully they can fix this for me.

theyre lying.. ive gotten a few sets of Hawk pads and the Fronts all showed up like this?? and the backs were perfect?? you can tell from the pic that they wrap them in rubber bands and it just cant hold.. but, they were useable..

Those were used/opened before shipping. The Hawks I've used all came shrink-wrapped inside the box. Where did you order those from?

that's what I was thinking Tunersteve.
These are from Street unit. I called them first and wasn't getting anywhere so I called Hawk. I'm waiting to hear back from Hawk before I jump to any conclusions. Hopefully these were part of the bad batch they were telling me about on the phone.

that's what I was thinking Tunersteve.
These are from Street unit. I called them first and wasn't getting anywhere so I called Hawk. I'm waiting to hear back from Hawk before I jump to any conclusions. Hopefully these were part of the bad batch they were telling me about on the phone.

Who did you talk to there? I usually only deal with Mark. If they were a bad batch, get that in an email and post it to see.

Fortunate here, as the HAWK plant is only 30 minutes from my house. As Steve said, they should have shrink wrapped, sounds like someone returned them and check the packages.

I just picked up a set of HP+'s for the wife's car and the packaging is perfect.

my last two sets came poorly wrapped in a single brown rubber band.. just like the picture!.. completely freakin loose. and I ordered one set from PG and one set from crossover.. they both use the same drop shipper from CA.. but, thats exactly what i recieved twice!! same with the rears? they were perfectly wrapped?? bumma

guys if you want HAWK pads let me know and I will go to HAWk and get them for you.

Which place? I talked to Sam at Street Unit and Sean at Hawk. If it was a bad batch I will definitely post the info here.

I usually only deal with Mark @ SU. I know Sam is pretty cool too, just never dealt with them. Never talked to anyone at Hawk.

heres a better question? i know theyre not pretty.. but, are they useable at all?? if theres chunks missing? definately send em back.. but, if theyre just loose and dirty id just put em on.. theyre gonna get crapped up the minute thet get used for real.. maybe prime the pads a little? but, i hate waiting for returns and approval.. total BS!

There are some parts that are chipped. I wouldn't say chunks are missing though. They also have some of the grease on them because they ripped open the packet in the box.
I agree that they will get dirty real fast but I bought them new and spent a decent amount on them. If I wanted ugly, crappy, beat up brake pads I would have gone down to a local auto parts store and bought some there. This type of stuff just really annoys me.

I can vouch for the pads arriving from Hawk looking like that.

We have gotten some of the fronts that were rubber banded together in pairs and some loose like the OP pictures. We have gotten a few sets with the plastic shrink on them as well.

It looks like the tube of goo got tore up by the pads. I would check with hawk that it won't contaminate the pad compound.

-Derrick

Yep, my fronts came like that too. I figured it might have been the local store I picked them up from, but I needed them to go on the car right away so I didn't make a fuss. At least I know I'm not the only one. That's a pretty terrible way to present your (presumably) new product to a consumer.

my fronts came with the rubber band packaging as well as the dissapointement.

and my hawk sticker was all jackt' up too.

Last edited:
Back