Fmic From ebay?

From personal expierience i dn think that ic will fit,looks to big(as in height).I bought my ic from cxracing.com i got the exact same size as the cobb or cp-e cant remember bought it a while ago.Thats just my 2cents.BTW ic looks great lil bit of time n effort but i saved alot of $.PM me if you need ne help
what piping kit did you use

no dude, its that cheap because its a show piece. i saw the listing with that picture, gotta read the description, last time i saw it it said this is a show piece, not for hard driving under any circumstances.

no dude, its that cheap because its a show piece. i saw the listing with that picture, gotta read the description, last time i saw it it said this is a show piece, not for hard driving under any circumstances.

What the hell does that even mean? Are you saying that it is meant to be bolted to the car for looks but not actually attached to the engine?!!

What the hell does that even mean? Are you saying that it is meant to be bolted to the car for looks but not actually attached to the engine?!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. thats almost as fresh as the horn that makes NA cars sound like they have the turbo whoosh. hahahahahahaha. im dying over here.

I mean that yes it's a full kit but the parts definitely aren't of operational quality. It's like using a grade 8 bolt for a camber bolt or driveshaft bolt.

It attaches to the engine the same way a real FMIC would, and it technically IS functional, just meant for a show car... meaning, from trailer to parking, parking to trailer, not meant for racing or hard or even daily driving.

It's not that uncommon, show cars aren't meant to be driven, hence show. Why pay out the ass for a real FMIC when its gonna cost almost a grand for a showcar when you can just buy a kit for 200 bucks?

it makes perfect sense.

I had a former employee that had a ebay FMIC bolted to the front of his automatic 96 civic. Nope, it wasn't turboed, but he spent $250 on an intercooler anyway and $800 on a custom 3 inch dual exhaust.

I had a former employee that had a ebay FMIC bolted to the front of his automatic 96 civic. Nope, it wasn't turboed, but he spent $250 on an intercooler anyway and $800 on a custom 3 inch dual exhaust.

Lol what a tool prolly had one of those sound simulators for turbo whine and BOV. I hope you gave him s*** constantly about this.

if this is true that the kit is just for show then that means that my friend would not be driving his car daily and taking it to the track for 1year. I dont know about anyone else but that seems pretty good to me when you figure the price you pay for other kits.

Just to let everyone know that, ya not everything on ebay is great but i did have a scion tc, and everything i got for that car was from ebay and saved alot of money and the car ran like a champ.

Lol what a tool prolly had one of those sound simulators for turbo whine and BOV. I hope you gave him s*** constantly about this.

He did talk about getting a BOV too. I constantly informed him that a stock civic was faster than his because it weighed less. He also had 18 inch rims and lambo doors. One of the other employees raced him with his mom's '96 CRV and beat him pretty soundly.

Did I mention that one of his "dual exhausts" was simply welded onto the chassis?

I believe you turbo4 im just talkin bout ricers who put plastic intercoolers and sound simulators on FTL I was thinkin bout gettin exhaust depots kit to make my own and buyin ebay type intercooler as I have heard they are often decent quality. No interest in doin this after thinkin bout how much work it would take to change back to stock if my car went boom. Please let us all know with pics if anyone does a DIY FMIC!

Last edited:
You would be surprised how much power people make on ebay fmic kits. I personally know 2 locals making 700 horsepower in a dsm and over 1000 horse on a honda running these "cheap" kits. Keep buying cpe, keep talking s***, because I'm gonna blow your ass off the road for half the price. Now thats whats up

I have used several ebay front mount intercoolers. The best bang for your buck are GODSPEED and and SS AutoChrome fmic kits.

Back