First post and long time lurker M2MKE

M2MKE

So thought I'd join up tonight after visiting this site almost everyday for the past 2 years.

Was a long time Miata (1.6 NA) owner which bit me with the Mazda bug. The MX5 was a daily driver for over 10 years. I would have kept the Miata but the midwest rust was taking its toll on the car and I couldn't stand to see it that way anymore. So I bought the two in 2011 as my "grown up car". The MX5 only had 175k miles and the car lives on with a new owner who streets it constantly, said a Miata was on his "bucket list" which was funny to me being quite a bit younger myself. Glad the old Miata went to a good home.

Here's The Two. 2011 Sport 5-speed. Modding a brand new car is addictive as hell.
View attachment 203732 image.jpg

I would call it the cookie cutter of the modded Twos as seen around this forum. Unique enough for Kansas though, thing turns heads. H&R springs, Corksport dampers, 949 6UL 15x8, Corksport rear bar, Racing Beat exhaust. Corksport LEDs.

What I haven't seen around the forum is the Hella Yellow Star H4s and my Auger Resources shift knob.

Glad to join the forum. I feel like I'm finally to the point where I can contribute. Cheers.

Edit: It looks like I'll have find a place to host my own pics soon. It's rough when you are between computers.

Last edited:
There's 3 of us on here from Wichita. KCdirt is actually trying to sell his though. Got any other plans for the 2?

Current plans are a full tint on Thursday. Also waiting on my AWR racing mount to come back. I bought one and the metal inside the transmission side was to tight to fit. They should be sending me a new one.

Someday I'd like a nice headunit, tweeters. Fog lamps, front lip, Tune. I'll prob always be working on it to some degree.

Last edited:
Yeah tint makes a big visual difference. I did the full installation of my Pioneer DVD Head unit with a 6 inch incision in my abdomen ran an amp, I was bored...and it was really easy.
It seems you are going the more performance route, after I bagged mine I decided performance was not necessary lol.
You should definitely check out the local car shows. Think IFO comes back September.

That would be a blast to find some like minded people. Most car shows I've been to have been standard muscle car flair not that anything is wrong with that. I DD a Chevy S10 so I can appreciate both. Haha

Yeah Wichita's Car scene is kind of underground. There's a lot of amazing cars, but we don't have much support as far as shows. But it's getting better.

Thanks, you guys! I really wanted white wheels but settled on bright silver. Can't wait for tint on Thursday.

Welcome! Can never go wrong with 949's.. car looks pretty good man. Hope you enjoy your stay, and keep modding!

I plan to stay here a while. This was the first new car I actually wanted to buy. Just changed the oil and put the AWR mount in and I'm out for a fun drive. :)

No build thread yet. Maybe someday, I prob will soon. I want fog lights, tweeters, front lip, and maybe a carbon hood down the line.

Last edited:
Back