Fed up with my new car

Chef1 - the sooner you meet Mr. Reality the higher your satisfaction would be. Unless you buy Rolls or a Bentley or some other 200K up super car - chances are you will get the treatment everyone gets.
Which is
1. Work with dealer, record your issue - document it.
2. Get a loaner let them fix it. Change dealer if first dealer is bad.
3. Keep Mazda Canada in loop.
4. If they fix it thrice and it still breaks - you can initiate Lemon Law (very very difficult btw).
5. A small % of cars have problems - that is just the way the cookie crumbles - accept that and be realistic.

Returning a car is different than buying a vacuum at walmart. It is not easy to return and it is not easy to lemon law much. I have seen FCA dealers refusing to accept cars at 55K with tranny issues because they have fixed it twice and third time would lemon it. They rather force the customer over 60K miles and say warranty over.
And its not just Mazda - in 16 Hyundai Tucson was released. Was a super hit in sales, 80% year on year up. Then the DCT overheated and acted horrible. It would do 2 mph and would not drive faster. Imagine that - Hyundai kept trying with ECU updates and that never fixed. Finally they fixed it - they bought back very very few cars - majority were given the fix. By Nov. damage was done and Tucson sales tanked.

You can see similar stories about why honda could not get its 6 sp manual in order. Many Civic Si and Acura's had this problem with 2nd gear. Honda fixed it way after all these cars were out of warranty via a TSB.

You can do this or sell it off - either ways Mazda Canada will do what most manufacturers do - work with you via their dealers.

I'm not sure if my post yesterday was a coincidence,it was about the smart city break support and how it works, this morning my backup camera didn't work,and after that smart city break support malfunction light went on,called my services ,called Mazda Canada,and told them that I don't have time to come to the garage every week,asked Mazda Canada for change of car,but they have some mysterious protocol to follow,and all they can do is to collect reports from the service,and than we'll see.it is really funny how they all kiss your a.. when you show up to buy the car, once is done,they are not too eager to be so helpful anymore,I'm really disappointed with Mazda,and fed up with my car.

Emil, I read your Google review and that, my friend, sounds frustrating.

As big of a pain in the ass as this is, please try to remember this is a temporary issue. You won't be dealing with this forever. I know, easier said than done.

With 112 Google dealer reviews, 2.5 stars kinda sucks. The dealer needs to get it together.

I'm assuming there is no other dealer in Montreal, (beautiful city btw, I visited back in 1981.... wow I'm old) so just like dude above says, try to work with the dealer, they didn't cause the issues.

I feel for ya buddy. I hope you get it all straightened out. If it turns out to be a huge pain in the ass and you're losing sleep over it, just get rid of it!! Not all may agree with me but losing a little money is better than losing a lot of sleep. Feeling like shi* about a car purchase for any reason can be rough on a man.

You're gonna be fine no matter what. Let us know how it turns out.

Last edited:
Back