My 2021 Mazda CX-5 is completely crazy

I have a 2021 Mazda C-5 with less than 200 miles. Today I washed the car and returned back to my house. I was cleaning the windows and tried to turn the car on. Suddenly the car is not turning on,all the lights an the dashboard are flashing and on the left I see these messages:
Keyless System Malfunction
Forward Smart City Brake Support Malfunction
Smart Brake Sensor System Malfunction
Front Camera Sensor System Malfunction

I've been looking for a solution and already tried these but no luck:
- Disconnected the "Negative" connector of the battery for a few minutes and connected again
- Cleaned the sensors on the front windshield and the Mazda logo

Somebody suggested that the problem could be the computer that somehow is not completely dry
The problem is that the car doesn't turn on and I can't put it under the sunlight for a few hours
The battery could be another source of the problem, but I don't use the car too much, the battery is new

Any suggestion?

It wouldn't be the first time noted here that a fairly new car had a dead or low voltage battery. Do you or one of your neighbors have a battery tester or a charger?

Put a good charge on it. You might need to do the battery cable reset again.

Already 7 months with this car. Don't you think this is a problem that the dealer should solve? I'm asking because if the battery is discharged then there has to be another problem involved. As said I use the car maybe two three times a week. Why this battery is discharged? I have an Autozone that I can go to buy anything but it seems to me that the dealer should give a solution, am I right or not?

Get a multimeter and check the voltage of the battery. It should read 12.6, if it reads below 12.3, you will have issues. When it’s running, check again, should be over 14v, if it’s not it’s your alternator.

Your battery is covered under the factory warranty so it will be replaced free if it is the issue.

…and just because the battery is discharged, it doesn’t necessarily mean there is another issue somewhere. You could just have a battery with a bad cell.

Already 7 months with this car. Don't you think this is a problem that the dealer should solve? I'm asking because if the battery is discharged then there has to be another problem involved. As said I use the car maybe two three times a week. Why this battery is discharged? I have an Autozone that I can go to buy anything but it seems to me that the dealer should give a solution, am I right or not?
If you want you could have it towed to a dealer, but because it seems you have discharged the battery you could save yourself the trouble by charging it at home.

Mazdas come with free roadside assistance which is still good on a 2021. You can call them for a jump or a tow to the nearest dealer. If the vehicle has dried out and you still have the problem the battery would be a likely culprit. You didn't try to wash the engine compartment I trust.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you happen to have a door or doors open for awhile while cleaning? Radio on. Interior lighting illuminated etc. My guess is based on your low mileage and usage your battery doesn't get much of a chance to charge combined with some electrical usage while cleaning discharged the battery enough to cause problems.Have you considered a battery tender trickle charger? They are very handy for low usage situations like yours.

I think step one for you would be roadside assistance to get you started and drive around awhile to get some juice in the battery.

You are probably looking too much into it. It is most likely a low battery. Put it on a charge and see if the issue reoccur after.

As above it is most likely the battery. A voltage test is pretty worthless, you need to have the battery load tested to determine its health since a bad battery can have good resting voltage but fail under load. Call Mazda Roadside Assistance and have your CX towed to the dealer….for free. Let them deal with it.

As above it is most likely the battery. A voltage test is pretty worthless, you need to have the battery load tested to determine its health since a bad battery can have good resting voltage but fail under load. Call Mazda Roadside Assistance and have your CX towed to the dealer….for free. Let them deal with it.
Correct. I was having intermittent problems with my 4 month old battery in my 16 Touring. It showed a good voltage of 12.8 resting and 13.4 with the engine running. Mazda tested the battery and said it was fine. Died again a month later and they did a deep test. Although the battery was rated at 560CCA the load test showed it was only 335CCA. Bad battery. Replaced free.

New batteries sometimes go bad.

Problems related by the OP are more than likely a battery problem.

I went to AutoZone with the battery only. They checked the battery and according to them is dead. I asked to charge it anyway. After two hours charging, is not charging. This is the image showing that the battery is not charging at all
IMG-2351.jpg

An "infant failure". Looks like you lost two cells. This early in the battery life, likely a mechanical failure of plate connections in the battery, which regular road vibration and high current draw during starting exacerbates.

Latest posts

Back