Fall Project: Fully building EVERYTHING

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - Dark Silver
Well, a couple months ago I blew first and second gear so I had to take the tranny out. Then I thought while it was out why not take the entire motor out and do everything I've ever wanted to do to the car lol. I have everything I need now except the pistons and rods. Supplier is mega screwing me around for the parts, not sure if the car will be out this year before it snows but I'm hoping. I fixed the tranny already and it's back together ready to go. Just a bad first to second syncro.

New stuff includes:
Tein SS Coilover suspension (putting in tomorrow)
CPBoost Turbo manifold
30x10x3 FM Intercooler
Twiggy Cams
ACT Stage 3 6 puck clutch kit
9 Lb SR motorsports flywheel
Custom Fabricated Adjustable cam gears
750cc injectors

.040 Cometic Head Gasket
ARP Head studs
ACL rod and main bearings
5 bolt turbo flange to 3" V-Band

Old Parts:

Rx-8 18s
AWR full motor mount set
626 Intake manifold
2.5" Aluminium charge piping
AEM Wideband, Oil pressure and boost gauges
Greddy turbo timer
SS AFC V3 Piggyback
Greddy MBC
Tial Wastegate
Tial BOV

I might have missed a few things, it's hard to remember.

Here is some pics of the head I recently got back.
Port & Polish
5 Angle valve job with tapered edges
head plane
Valve set
Head001.jpg

Head002.jpg

Head003.jpg

And a pic of the car the way it sits now.
SSPX0118.jpg

and me working on my 91 accord winter beater.... or I guess summer beater now lol. Ball joint and axle.
yupdsfsfd.jpg

By the way if anyone wants that OBX T3 turbo manifold let me know. I got it for 250 and welded the s*** out of it so it will never ever break. It's solid as **** now.

nice collection of parts, the cylinder head looks clean. Anymore pics of the cpboost turbo manifold?

haha! looks like it goin to be a great build! just make sure to do one thing when ur done! SEND THE MOTOR AND TRANNY TO ME!

nice collection of parts, the cylinder head looks clean. Anymore pics of the cpboost turbo manifold?

I'll get more tomorrow for sure. Shes sexy. It's outside and it's cold here! -3 and it's only september!!! God damn I'll be putting the motor in with a winter coat and mittens.

i feel sorry for you! i remember i had to install my friends sound system and it was cold as balls! they whole time i was bitchin bout how i couldnt feel my hands! and it was only 30 degrees!

I'll get more tomorrow for sure. Shes sexy. It's outside and it's cold here! -3 and it's only september!!! God damn I'll be putting the motor in with a winter coat and mittens.

Damn -3degress ! Time to relocate down to sunny and warm Florida where you can drive your MSP all year;)

Thats true, but when you drive a piece of s*** all winter it's like you get a new car every year! Plus no emissions laws here, too many hook ups for parts and shops too (MVI even if the car has ****** tires, blown stuts, bad sway bar bushings and open downpipe). It's good to have friends!

lucky! It sucks how hard it is to find good videos of our cars actually going fast and beating something. I plan to change that!!

oh yeah that yaris has a corolla XRS engine it runs 13.9@100mph

but i dont know who that protege belongs too. maybe its miltons? not sure

what kind of power are you looking to reach?

Well if I get it out this year I'm looking for around 320-350. If it's going to be next year then I'll have a chance to beef up the trans a bit and get a better turbo to get close to 400.

Update!!!

Picking up the block this friday, gonna bolt the head on and time it then throw it in with the tranny. Might pull an all nighter an get it done, but i suspect I will be working on it all day saturday as everything always takes way longer than you think it will haha.

Gonne be out this weekend for sure. Give her a good road tune at 6psi and break the clutch in.

My injectors will be in monday and I'll road tune it for that then it's off to the dyno the following friday for mega WHP :D!!!

I'll be sure to take lots of pictures, tomorrow I gotta get the car all ready and I'll snap a couple shots. Nothing much just get it up on stands, wheels and coilovers off and I have to reroute my charge piping a little bit. Thought i had it good going under the rad support..... but then i realized how slammed it's gonna be with those teins and.... yeah...... lol.

I'm stoked!!

Back