Cheap tuning?

I just finished building my engine last week, I've got K1 H-beam rods, Wiseco forged pistons, ARP head studs and a Cometic head gasket, so I want to turn up the boost. It's a FMIC. Right now it's running 8 lbs, I'd like to reach 15 lbs. Anyway I know nothing about tuning and I'm practically broke at this point (building a car and going to college don't go well together), whats the cheapest way to get my car running properly on 15 lbs of boost? Obviously I need to start with a 15 lb wastegate, but once the turbo is making 15 lbs, how do I get the computer to agree with that? I've tried to read into it but I don't speak tuning, so I'm stuck.

There is no way to tune the stock msp ecu, the only options are full standalone engine management, or a piggyback such as an ssafc, you'll also need larger injectors to reach 15psi, ive been running 10psi on stock motor and stock tune with only a relocated maf, t3 and front mount. Im building a short block with the same internals as yours, and then plan on the bigger injectors and ssafc, if you plan to go that high a fair warning is the stock trans isn't very strong, i blew my first one after 8k miles of being boosted, im working on the trans swap and motor from a donor car right now to get mine back on the road

The words cheap and tuning dont mix.

Save some money and do it right.

Cutting corners will go zoom zoom boom!

Back