Exhaust ?

:
03.5 MSProtege
Has anyone put a borla exhaust on theres? I like the way my stock exhaust sounds but want the hp gains from an aftermarket exhaust. I'm just not into the bumble bee sound, somthing with a deep sound and i was told borla would be just about the only option? Borla doesn't make a cat back for my car so i would have to buy one a have my guys put it on at the shop. I was just wanting to know if anyone had one would tell me how it sounds and take a pic of theres.

If your exhaust is comepletely stock you'll have a good gain from a high flow mid pipe. Which ever way you go whether it be catless or with a high flow cat it will make a big difference and not affect noise too much.

yellowmsprotege said:
i got a catless mid pipe on it now... the aftermarket exhaust would open it up more gainig more hp?
Every restriction you remove on a turbo car will gain horsepower. I did it the opposite of you, I did cat back then the mid pipe and there was a huge gain in power for me.

What kind did you put on yours? and whats it sound like? like the typical 4 cyl w exhaust rolling around town or...? I'm just very particular bout the sound of my vehicles. I've had exhaust on all my vehicles and it took forever for me to get them right and sounding good but once I got it to that point i liked, i was done with it. i just have a certain sound i like and i think the borla turb universal is the way i might go and just piece my own catback together. go to borla.com and click on the hear now and click import... thats the sound i like. It has a roar not a bee sound. You know?

I did it custom, HKS muffler 3" piping and a resonator real simple. Sounds good maybe a little too loud for most but I can still add a cat if it were to bother me.

Thats what i'll probably do is just fab my own just to be original plus it'll only cost me bout 120 and the piping and the install is free...

ive got two words qtp cutout.... i love mine and its off and on just like that by moving a switch and that really makes it nice.

i had a borla catback on my 01 es that was not turbo and i loved the sound of it!! is was perfect!! i am the same way about the sound......it sounded awesome.

Back