Exhaust hassles in MA?!?

racer x 3

:
mazda 3 s winning blue
I am currently driving a 2.3L 3 sedan (2004) and planning a move from FL. to MA. in the next 30 days.

I have the Mazdaspeed CAI (50 state legal) and the Mazdaspeed Cat-Back exhaust. I am pretty sure she is running clean, but its the noise that I am now worried about. Current MA. residents will understand.

Anyone else running this configuration? Issues with passing inspection? Getting pulled over? Should I just not move? I am really truly nervous and almost losing sleep over this. Will they exempt repairs due to financial hardship?

etc. etc. etc.

HELP!(help)

PS- ignore the sig and photo.... old and.... a lot has happened since.

Last edited:
welcome mister! I live in Ma where abouts you going to? maybe we can meet up with a few of the mazda's in the area? I used to live in St augustine a few years back too.

yes they are fuckers sometimes with noise. Im getting my turbo back exhaust on next week and already have a CAI and a few other things here and there and havent been in trouble yet. got a buddy with a speed6 with a front mount also and his tbe already on and hasnt had a problem. As I recall through experience if your not driving it like an asshole and your car looks clean then they wont really hassle you. (or if its a loud ass V8)

in conclusion, if your not doing anything wrong they dont give a ****. if you own a 83 purple CRX with altezzas and a 4 inch tin can, beware!!!!!!!!!

as far as inspections....it cant be below a certain ride height...no cel's can be thrown and if they are you need to put roughly 400 miles on the car without it being thrown again to get your sticker...make sure your tires have tread...and the color of your lights are legal. ie. yellow side markers, red tails, yellow blinkers....yada yada. basically if you take care of your ride you wont have a problem.

funny story though. i went to some bad place and they were doing an emissions test on my prelude and the guy asked me to hold the hose at the exhaust because it wouldnt stay on. then he decided against that and he just rested it there. the ******* thing fell off during the test and he just left it there and passed me out of frustration. lol. sometimes it pays to have some guy who doesnt give a s*** do your stuff.

Last edited:
Back