Error Code P0106

LV_M3GT

:
Black Mica Mazda 3 Grand Touring Hatch
Hey guys.... getting a CEL from my MAP/Baro sensor. Code is P0106. Wondering if anybody else has gotten this? I have an AEM cold air intake and the MAP sensor is mounted to the side of it. The wiring harness was extended to reach the sensor. I resoldered the connection on that to make sure it was a good connection, checked the prongs in the female connection and everything seems ok. I was wondering if anyone else has gotten this error code before? Did buying a new map sensor fix the problem? Before I go and spend $150 on a new sensor, I want to see if anybody here has had the same code and what they did to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

the map sensor is on the manifold, not the intake.

That's true of the 2006+ models. The older models had it mounted near the stock airbox. It's a strange error... I'm in California right now where I'm at sea level and the CEL went away... need to go to a junk yard and replace the whole thing off a junked car. As for the guy wondering how to fix it, I'll let you know if this works - but I'm wondering what's wrong with yours that you're getting a CEL? What year is your car? Any mods to the intake?

Back