Engine ticking????

no i did not, and i think I am near the time to do the oil change too. My friend told me that it could be the oil too, but wanted to see what you guys thought.

you think a cam driven fuel pump is as quiet as an in tank pump? i would say thats your cdfp as when you zoom in there its louder. nothing wrong as my car makes the same sound, and so does a friends speed3.

cant do youtube here at work, but there is a tsb out on the VVT bolt I believe

that would tick when loose

Yeah that is the cam driven fuel pump. Its exactly where you moved the camera to in the video.

So is this something I should worry about? Should I go to the dealership and ask them to take a look at that pin thing? Sorry if this is a dumb question but can someone explain the valve stuffs about this car and why that sound is normal or not normal.....please try not to be to technical cause I may not be able to follow LOL.

Completely normal. Don't stress over it. Every speed3/6 does this. It's totally fine.

You might, however, want to put that SSQV into recirc.

The speed3/6/cx7 all make that noise. They make more special noises when it gets colder. LOL(flash)

Completely normal. Don't stress over it. Every speed3/6 does this. It's totally fine.

You might, however, want to put that SSQV into recirc.

is it still normal if that noise is loud? not like extremely engine knocking noise but i mean just loud enough to be heard outside the car as well when your further away from it??

the delaer told me to put sea foam in it run it for 10 to 20 thousand miles then get oil changed to flush it out.And when i share my concern they actually changed my vvt actuator for free cause its under warrenty.

the delaer told me to put sea foam in it run it for 10 to 20 thousand miles then get oil changed to flush it out.And when i share my concern they actually changed my vvt actuator for free cause its under warrenty.

I'm sorry if I am miss reading you but you are saying the dealer advised you to seafoam, drive for 10 to 20 thousand miles and THEN change your oil......after 10000 miles?

Back