Engine Removal Done! Now just need a new engine :(

Ehawley

:
2003.5 MSP
BlkZoomZoom and I just finished pulling the engine from my MSP. Still not sure where my massive oil leak is coming from, but it is most likely a failed ring. Now I just have to wait for my new short block from MAM to arrive so I can do it all in reverse :)

Attachments

• garage 004.jpg
    garage 004.jpg
    695.6 KB · Views: 186
  • garage 005.jpg
    garage 005.jpg
    657.2 KB · Views: 151
  • garage 006.jpg
    garage 006.jpg
    643.4 KB · Views: 149
  • garage 007.jpg
    garage 007.jpg
    505.6 KB · Views: 164
terbow said:
wow looks fun. howd it blow? I think im gonna get a mam block also.

Not really sure. I was more of a whimper than a blow. Just started smoking real bad and misfiring. Can't really pinpoint any specific time that it went. We will see if it is a bad ring when I pull it appart further. Had the MAM block on order anyway, so i'm not really bummed all that much.

when did you order it? also, Beau's prices on the engine build have gone way up, so your price may increase. just don't be too suprised.

pdhaudio83 said:
when did you order it? also, Beau's prices on the engine build have gone way up, so your price may increase. just don't be too suprised.

I ordered and paid for it a long time ago. I would be more than a tad upset if the price increased considering it's already paid for.

werd to that.

hopefully when im ready for one it doesnt go up more. Keep this thread updated id like to see the progress.

MAM isn't the only one that sells shortblock assemblies....

I'm pretty sure it was a failed oil ring but we won't know for sure until a complete teardown is done.

Ehawley said:
I ordered and paid for it a long time ago. I would be more than a tad upset if the price increased considering it's already paid for.

how much did you pay? if i may ask

Already had the rear mount in, had the dealership put it in last year before they realized it takes more than the hour their manual says it takes.

I don't remember the exact cost for the short block. I already had the pistons and rings and headstuds I had gotten from him, and I had some extra stuff done (thrust bearing and coating of piston).

Erik H.

pdhaudio83 said:
oh thats right. did the block you had delivered to the shop have a problem ?

Ya, it had a crack in it, so he said he replaced it with one he had around. I still owe him some for the bearings and his labor, but he hasn't gotten me the total yet. If you talk to him, see if you can get me a ship date. Last I heard he was picking it up from the machine shop on Friday and then said it would take him a couple days to put it together. I'm hoping I will have it by Friday this week.

don't want to bust your bubble, but friday is pretty unlikely :( it takes a bundle of time to assemble it, and then shipping on a car engine takes a few days longer than simply ground shipping. I'll see what he says next time I talked to him.

The other guy that had a cracked block (tekkie) had to pay out of his own pocket AND find another block (since his is useless), so you're lucky you dont have to buy another :(

pdhaudio83 said:
don't want to bust your bubble, but friday is pretty unlikely :( it takes a bundle of time to assemble it, and then shipping on a car engine takes a few days longer than simply ground shipping. I'll see what he says next time I talked to him.

The other guy that had a cracked block (tekkie) had to pay out of his own pocket AND find another block (since his is useless), so you're lucky you dont have to buy another :(

I paid for the block out of my own pocket, and I guess it wasn't a large crack, just one that needed to be welded up near the engine mount. But I still consider myself lucky that Beau decided to use a non-cracked block gratis :)

heh, what i meant to say is (yeah you paid out of your own pocket lol) that he wasted $400 on a cracked motor. lucky beau hooked you up ;)

Ehawley said:
Already had the rear mount in, had the dealership put it in last year before they realized it takes more than the hour their manual says it takes.

I don't remember the exact cost for the short block. I already had the pistons and rings and headstuds I had gotten from him, and I had some extra stuff done (thrust bearing and coating of piston).

Erik H.

Dumb Question I can bring my car to the dealer with an aftermarket motor mount and they will put it in for the price of one hours labor?

Back