engine noise

when i turned on my car (back when i had a stock intake) it went up to 2k rpm

now with the intake it never goes above 1100 while idleing

the protege5 doesnt have much sound insulation i dont think, so the engine is always pretty loud, i was ridin in my friends wrx and asked him why he was shifting so low, and i look over and were at 6k rpms....it was just so quiet it was ridiculous

if when in park your car idles at 2k i think it is idling to high, check the sticker on your hood for idle speed if it runs too high get it checked

cold start engines idle at 1500 rpms there abouts and quickly drops. when you first start it, it might even spike to 2K rpms.

it's pretty loud, and when you start driving before the engine warms up, it might even sound a little harsh. but once everything is warm and toasty, your car should idle at 700rpms nice and smooth and quiet like, and that harshness when you get up to about 3K rpms should go away.

these aspects of the fs-de engine makes it a little more appealing than, say your typical honda civic or toyota corolla. it gives the protege a little more character. heh heh

I posted a thread here about my engine being so quiet. I thought it was off and tried to start it and it made a terrible grinding noise because of it. I think it's pretty quiet idling.

yeah when its warm and idling with the AC compressor off sometimes i think it stalled since its normally loud as hell :D

Back