ECU/PCM high pitch noise

Bc-386

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
I installed new mechanical gauges and a afr gauge. While removing the old electric oil pressure sender i hit my wrench on this black cylinder part (attached picture bc i dont know what it is called), then sparks and smoke flew (i didnt disconnect my negative battery terminal). Got everything installed...

Ever since then, I hear a high pitch (singing) noise coming from the passenger floor board where the pcm/ecu is located. My battery/charging light is now lit up on the dashboard. I replaced the battery and the alternator, yet the charging light and pcm/ecu noise are both still present.

When i drive the car now; step on the gas hard, the car runs lean until about 4000-4500 rpms and then the fuel mixture goes rich and then the car hits and pulls so hard.

I feel like i might have fried the ecu/pcm and that is why is has the singing noise. Do I need to replace the ecu/pcm or can i get it reflashed at the dealership?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 968
That would be the starter. That's not good. The ECU may be fried but you have to have it tested, maybe in another MSP? If it's fried it can't be fixed.

Ok, narrowed the hitch pitch noise down to the passenger door speaker. But still the battery light is on and the car still jolts into power when the rpms get around 4500.

Back