ebay header install

Got the PM. Replied. Will dig out both the other headers and get some pics this wknd. We'll go from there.

bringing this thread back. I just put my ebay header on and have the same issue with the egr fitment not lining up, which is expected for an ebay product. My question is, if I block this off will my egr valve stay open or closed? How do I block it off on the header side and egr side?

And since the install I'm getting a knarly rattle from my exhaust at an idle and over bumps....any help would be appreciated

@zizaspeed; as to if it will stay open or closed, I honestly don't know for sure as I'm not keen on the internal workings of the EGR. However, I was able to block off the non-fittable EGR bung on the header, i just stuck a bolt in the hole that was just big enough, and clamped it shut with the EGR tube holding it down. It honestly does a perfectly fine job, no (noticeable noise or smell) exhaust leak and not moving/rattling.

For your rattling, were you able to fully secure the header to the rest of the exhaust? (where the two bolts are at the end and have it hook up to the donut gasket)

also, I just realized you can see where I blocked off the EGR bung from the header in the picture link i posted on page 1 of this thread.

thanks for your reply, I figured out the rattling was coming from my heatshield I bent from my shortshifter install was now rubbing against the exhaust. Just had to bend it some more.

So you just used one of the removed screws? hmmm, did it thread in or did you just push it in there? Since you've installed the header and defouler have you had a CEL problem?

Back