Ebay Exhaust

Finally got my order in today and I got a question about the install. When I connect the new exhaust piece to the old cat (which is rusted) i noticed there is a small circular space which looks like it requires a new gasket or spacer. If I were to connect the two ends it looks like there would be a bit of a gap. What do you guys think? Should I just slap it together or look around for something to fill the gap. Any help is appreciated. I would have taken pictures except it was getting dark and I was getting frustrated.

Thanks

you will need to replace that gasket. $10 (i think) right from mazda.

I just used exhaust sealant from autozone around the gasket and flange. As for the diameter, I'm not quite sure if it's ID or OD. Didn't really matter to me much lol

sorry to derail but booboo0809 what color is you mazda? is it the silver one that i see on hwy 10 near east delta hall?

Nope I have the yellow. Generally around the Surrey /Langley area or richmond. Black stock wheels. Sometimes with Yakima roofrack on

I am a newb at the exhaust part. Is this item a direct bolt on, meaning no modification?

Just some metric sockets and wrenches, but most importantly PB blaster or Rust Away spray to loosen the bolts. Spray about an hour or two prior to installation. You might also need some couplers or new hangers depending on the condition.

I ended up cutting my old exhaust into pieces because my bolts and nuts were totally rusted out. After I hooked it up it did fit a little funny in the rear end and was leaning to one side. It ended up melting a portion of the back trim piece with it :p not visible unless you get under the car so i just zip tied it and now it sits straights.

Installed mine yesterday. Looks and sounds great! It bolted up fine the only issue i had was the crappy gaskets the exhaust comes with caused a bit of an exhaust leak. bought new ones from pep-boys and problem solved. The sound is perfect for what I was looking for, Its deep and smooth on the low end (idle-3000rpms) and virtually stock sound anything above that. There is the tiniest bit of drone on the freeway but with the stereo volume at 3 you cant hear it any more. My only reservation is that the tip is HUGE and it hasn't quite grown on me yet. It fits nicely into the cutout on the bumper but i think a half inch smaller with a rolled edge would look a lot better. I'm not sure if it would effect the sound to much. I will post some pictures and videos as soon as I can get my rear valence plasti-diped I cant show my p5's naked rear end on the internet lol

Well I thought the ebay catback for this car was a bit of a joke when I saw it but after reading this thread and seeing the photos and videos I need one! The main seller that people were using was the HDCautosports and he no longer sells it. Anyone use someone different and get the same results?

Well I thought the ebay catback for this car was a bit of a joke when I saw it but after reading this thread and seeing the photos and videos I need one! The main seller that people were using was the HDCautosports and he no longer sells it. Anyone use someone different and get the same results?

they're pretty much all the same exact thing aside from the different "styled" tips. this one should do fine

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

^^ $135 is an unbelievable price for those three pieces,... stainless too not aluminum. (although it's $90 extra for shipping to Canada)

i just ordered my ebay catback, https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) only $125

I know I'm going to hate the 4" tip and want to replace the muffler with magnaflow, but I have only seen magnaflow mufflers with a 4" tip as well!
Can anyone let me know about a good muffler with a non-canon tip?

Also, if I should buy better gaskets

i just ordered my ebay catback, https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) only $125

I know I'm going to hate the 4" tip and want to replace the muffler with magnaflow, but I have only seen magnaflow mufflers with a 4" tip as well!
Can anyone let me know about a good muffler with a non-canon tip?

Also, if I should buy better gaskets

vibrant makes some nice mufflers for the price and yes you should replace the gaskets. the ones that are included will fall apart after the first couple months

Back