dropped oil fill cap / removal of under engine plastic tray

rimsy

:
2013 CX-5 (UK)
low oil pressure warning came up (luckily just as i was getting home) so checked dip, saw it was a bit low and removed oil fill cap. unfortunately I dropped it somewhere under the engine and after 10 mins of seaching with a torch have come to the conclusion its sat somewhere on the plastic tray which sits under the engine.
Does anyone know how to remove this so i can retrieve it? I have a ramp which i can use to raise the front end etc...

thanks for any help and happy christmas!

Look in the "How To" section. You may be able to get to it by removing the small cover that is used for oil & filter changing. Ed

thanks Ed - appreciate the help :)

mission complete - oil cap located! unfortunately it was right at the back on the opposite side to the oil cover so had to take whole panel off.
now i just have to pray that oil pressure warning doesnt reappear in the morning....

Last edited:
yeah. about 9k miles.
had just returned home from 50mile trip and low oil pressure warning came on just as I was pulling into our street. oil level looked slihgtly low so put around 250ml of 5W30 in and left for 20 mins. started engine again (and drove up ramp) and warning message did not come on. intending to leave over night and see how things look in the morning or am i being hopelessly naive and once that warning comes on its trouble time?

Back