Display Quirks and Other New Owner Questions

Thrilled to be a new CX-5 owner! I've been enjoying figuring out my new ride, but some things just don't make sense to me.

On FM radio, does it not tell you the album name under song and artist? My friends' Mazda6 does (uhm) Also, sometimes there is album art and sometimes not. Is there a way to make album art always display? Speaking of FM, when I'm in Apple Carplay and hit the favorite button to go to the radio, I can select a station, but it just stays on that screen even though the station starts playing. I've been hitting the music button to get to the station display, but it seems like one extra unnecessary step.

On the instrument panel is there a way to show miles-to-empty without losing the multi-information display? I like that display best, but really miss knowing mileage til empty.

What is the purpose of auto-hold? Does anyone use it on a regular basis?

The seat seems a little firm in the back. Does it break in and get more comfortable? My last car had the most broken-in real leather seats. It was like driving in a lazy-boy lol.

Depends if the FM station is broadcasting the album art. You say you get it sometimes so that station is probably broadcasting it along with the song.
Can't help you with ACP, don't use it.

Have the same problem on the dash display. Haven't found a way to customize.
Auto-Hold is so you can take your foot off the brake in stop and go traffic. Once you stop it will not move. Great if your commute has a lot of stop and go.
All seats will eventually break-in. Just takes time.

Auto hold keeps pressure on the brakes after you release the pedal. It's incredibly useful in town. I use is every time I drive. Try it... you'll like it.

It's pretty sophisticated. You just need to apply a slight bit of extra pressure to invoke it. It releases as soon as you touch the gas.

Unfortunately, it defaults to off. You have to turn it on every time you start the car.

Back